This text is translated into Russian by google automatic human level neural machine.
EastRussia is not responsible for any mistakes in the translated text. Sorry for the inconvinience.
Please refer to the text in Russian as a source.
Baimsky GOK will unite power systems
Viktor Kudinov tells EastRussia about the implementation of the largest resource project in the Chukotka Autonomous District
The Chukotka Autonomous Okrug within the framework of the second WEF signed an agreement that develops the commitments previously made by the parties, with OOO GKD Baimskaya (Baimskaya license area) and CJSC Basic metals, which holds a license for the Kekura gold deposit. These structures implement the largest mining and industrial project in the Chukotka Peninsula, which involves the development of the Baimsky deposit of polymetallic ores, with the construction of a large mining and processing complex and all the necessary infrastructure for its operation. First of all, energy - in particular, within the framework of this mega-project, it is planned to build an energy bridge that will connect the isolated power systems of the Magadan Region and Chukotka. The general director of OOO Baimsky GOK Viktor Kudinov told IA EastRussia how this complex and unique project is moving forward.
- Last year, we signed an agreement on the design of the 110 / 220 kV transmission line from Bilibino to the Peschanka field, with a visit to the Kekura field, which is necessary to ensure the start-up of gold production at this field. This project, together with the Government of the ChAO, in the framework of the previous agreement signed in Vladivostok exactly one year ago, has already fulfilled and passed in XAUMX at the end of August to the FAU "Glavgosexpertiza Rossii". If we talk about the length, the length of the transmission line turned out to be 2016 km from us, from Peschanka, to Bilibino, and another 214 km - the tap to the gold recovery plant of Kekura. The total length of 20 km. Last year, for obvious reasons, we only rudely assumed the total length. Now the length is already calculated, we are talking about design parameters and documentation, which was made according to all requirements, with the implementation of engineering surveys, etc.
- Will the electricity source for the power line be in Bilibino?
- Yes. One of the problems of the Chaun-Bilibino energy center, as you probably know, is the underloading of the Bilibino NPP (the utilization factor does not exceed 50% when achievable in 75-80%). Due to the fact that we will connect the load from the Kekura plant (12-16 MW) to the power system and the construction loads of the Baimsky GOK in the Peschanka field (up to 15-20 MW), the station will be able to operate at full installed capacity.
"But this nuclear power plant will soon be put out of operation ..."
- We must join in 2018 year, and the station output is planned in several stages from 2019 year. SC "Rosatom" corrected the output schedule in March of this year: the first block of 12 MW will be output at the end of 2018 year, three power units with total capacity of 36 MW - until the end of 2021. At the same time, in December 2019, it is planned to put into operation a floating nuclear thermal power plant with an installed capacity of 70 MW. So, in 2019-2021 we will use atomic generation from Bilibino NPP. And, by the way, we will positively affect the overall tariff in the energy system, because it is because of underloading that the NPP faces the problem of the need to subsidize it from the federal budget. And when the floating NPP will appear, we will load its capacities and this will also positively affect the capacity utilization and their tariff for all consumers in the system. All balances and operating modes have been calculated and coordinated with Chukotenergo as part of the design.
- And how positive will you influence the tariff?
- Unfortunately, Rosatom can not, for various reasons, establish long-term fixed tariffs for our projects. And he does not sign bilateral documents. These are the laws, we are constantly talking with the Ministry of Energy on this topic, but, unfortunately, changes in the federal legislation on the possibility of concluding long-term contracts for the sale of electricity in isolated power systems have not yet been made ... But even if we talk about principled gentlemen's agreements, then we said that if the station is fully loaded, then the cost of kilowatt * hours will be 5-6 rubles. When fully loaded, the nuclear power plant is capable of generating 450 million kWh annually. And now the total output in Chaun-Bilibino node is about 200 million kWh. And this is taking into account the losses! We, of course, will add to these volumes millions to 150 kWh loading.
- Is this tariff acceptable for you?
- It's only the cost of generation. In the Chaun-Bilibino power center RAO ES of the East is engaged in reconstruction of the network infrastructure and plans to build an energy center in Bilibino. Given these projects, we do not understand the price parameters very well. After all, all these costs will be accounted for in a single boiler tariff. And, most likely, the tariff will be higher. I guess so modestly - every two minutes, no less. And this is a problem. But, on the other hand, taking into account our remoteness from ports and transport isolation, we will still benefit from using electric power from a centralized system. From the point of view of the synergy for the whole power system, for which the Government of the Chukotka District is experiencing and is worrying, the correct solution for us will be to join and use the capacities of the centralized power system, rather than build a local generation. The alternative is what? Its diesel generation is from 13 RUR / kWh or 10 RUR / kWh when accessing a single power system. In principle, CJSC "Basic metals" previously planned to develop on its own diesel generation. For a gold ore project with more than 6 g / t, this is acceptable, and as for our project, at this stage we add only the construction load of Baimsky GOK in the period of 2019-2020. This is of the order of 15-20 MW, where the alternative can also be Only diesel generation. Ensure the total workload of the whole enterprise (140-220 MW) this line will not be able. For this we are implementing another project - the so-called energy bridge Chukotka - Magadan region. And now we are preparing to sign a contract for technological connection with PJSC "Magadanenergo".
- So, there will be an energy bridge after all?
- Of course! The only economically feasible source of power for the Baimsky GOK is the capacity of the cascade of Kolyma HPPs. The nearest electric substation of the Magadan power system is Omsukchan. This year we did what we agreed on a year ago: we chose the route through which the transmission line from Baimsky GOK to this substation will pass. We conducted a topographic survey using a modern method of flying over an airplane, with aerial photography and laser scanning. Refined the route, and by the way, it turned out that it is more than 100 km shorter than that previously planned - about 740 km, instead of 850 km. Since we are talking about the construction of a linear object of energy infrastructure, you can safely calculate yourself how much cheaper the total cost of the project will be. In addition, we are constantly searching for and selecting technical solutions that can further reduce the cost of construction. And if earlier we said that according to preliminary calculations 2015 the cost of one branch of the energy bridge will be 30 billion rubles, but now - no more than 20 billion. Of course, this is in the basic prices of 2016 year. The final price will depend on which years we complete the construction.
- You take the construction load with Bilibino. How much will you take from the Magadan energy system?
- We broke the launch of Baimsky GOK in three stages. Pre-commissioning, up to 2021 year, will require a capacity of 60 MW. Launching the first stage in 2022 year, this is 30 million tons of ore processing per year, will increase our needs up to 140 MW. Three years later, in 2025, we will launch the second stage, another 30 million tons of ore processing, and we will enter the total consumption in 220 MW. Thus, having 20 MW from Chukotka and 220 MW from the Kolyma power system, we will get 240 MW of capacity in total. According to all our calculations, we should have enough of these volumes with a small reserve stock.
- You already told about the tariff from the Chaun-Bilibin system. And from the Kolyma HPP, what tariff do you expect?
- Even taking into account such an extended line, we hope to get a profitable tariff. If now consumers in the Magadan region pay 4,5 rubles per kilowatt hour, then due to the fact that we will load the system, the tariff for calculations will fall to 2,5 rubles per kWh. This is beneficial for all consumers of Kolyma and is important for the development of the entire region. Taking into account the network component of HVL 220 kV RP Omsukchan - SS Peschanka, I think we fall within the range of 6-7 rubles per kWh for Baim GOK. Such will be the cost of electricity for us at the Peschanka field. In the next year or two, we plan to complete the design of these two large power transmission lines. Calculations of tariff consequences were carried out and presented at the end of August for approval by the Government of the Magadan Region (including the Department of Pricing and Tariffs of the Region), PJSC RusHydro, PJSC RAO ES Vostok and PJSC Magadanenergo.
- Do you design yourself?
- Yes, at your own expense.
- Did RusHydro not want to participate in the project?
- RusHydro has always been against the project of the energy bridge - too long transmission line, complex regimes of overflow of reactive power, retention of the normative parameters of the network and reliability. But, like, we were able to prove on the calculations that this option is workable. This project was conceived at the end of the 1980 as an opportunity to provide Bilibino with the withdrawal of the Bilibino NPP (previously the output was planned in 2004-2005 and taking into account the pace of construction of 10 years, the project was to start at the beginning of the 1990). The project has one nuance - it is compliance with the requirements of reliability when starting at the first stage only one chain to Baimsky GOK. But we agreed with the Ministry of Energy of Russia and with PJSC RAO ES Vostok (daughter of PJSC RusHydro) that this line is ours, the consumer one, and therefore we will determine for ourselves the degree of permissible reliability. Thus, we seem to have settled all the issues. We had a difficult dialogue, but the energy sector was quite constructive, thanks to the Ministry of Energy of Russia, which provided a platform for resolving disagreements and devotes a lot of time to the development of the energy sector in Chukotka and the Magadan region.
For several months we worked very closely with PJSC "RAO ES Vostoka" and PJSC "Magadanenergo" and agreed on everything. And now we are at the stage of discussing the contract of technological connection with Magadanenergo. If we remove all the differences, then we will sign within this month. If not, I do not presume to make forecasts. However, as part of the work on the energy bridge, we conducted the design of our own substation (PS 220 / 110 / 10 (6) kV "Peschanka"), in September we will carry the project into the state expertise. In general, with energy all that we planned, we did this year. With very high accuracy, everything was calculated, including tariffs. And now we are ready to move on.
- Summarizing. At what stage in general is the Baim project now?
- According to GOK - we finish preliminary design, it is led by the Canadian engineering company FLUOR. We are satisfied with the cooperation: they offer all modern solutions, the knowledge base and technologies are very extensive. We have done a very important job of enriching the ore, the new enrichment regulations have reduced the cost of processing at the concentrator, which will help us increase our reserves. If earlier we talked about GOK with a processing capacity of 30 million tons of ore per year, now we have ore for two such plants. And experts know that these are very large enterprises. Analogues on a unit capacity in the post-Soviet period were not introduced in the territory of the former USSR, although it was such a scale that became the basis for the effective production of copper concentrate worldwide.
All technological solutions, development of the enrichment regulations, we plan to finish in October. And then we will start the semi-industrial tests according to the developed regulations in the laboratory of Chita on small technological samples (2-10 kg). In Irkutsk, we have already delivered 6 tons of representative ore. The selection was taken seriously, it is important for us that it reflects the first 7-10 years of quarrying so that we understand how this ore is enriched during the first period of the project. We plan to finish this work in the first months of next year in order to confirm and assure the regulations. And in the middle of the next year we will defend the feasibility study of the permanent standards at the State Commission on Reserves of Rosnedra. And, I hope, we will increase our reserves - now we have about 3,7 million tons of ore, but in the end this figure will increase at least in 2,5, and even three times. I hope that the document confirming the new volumes of stocks, we can get in the middle of the future 2017 year. In principle, further we will start discussing the beginning of the GOK design. But, of course, until then we still have to solve the remaining energy issues. If everything is positive, we will move on - from designing the GOK in 2017-2019. before obtaining permission for its construction under Russian rules in 2019.