This text is translated into Russian by google automatic human level neural machine.
EastRussia is not responsible for any mistakes in the translated text. Sorry for the inconvinience.
Please refer to the text in Russian as a source.
"The Far Eastern breakthrough is vital for Transbaikalia"
How does the acting governor Alexander Osipov see the development of the region?
Acting Governor of the Trans-Baikal Territory, Alexander Osipov came to the region at a critical time - the subject of the Russian Federation, always historically considered part of Siberia, will have to master the new realities of the Far Eastern Federal District, where it is included from November 3 on November 2018. The modern “Far Eastern” agenda poses for the regional authorities not only ordinary current tasks, which the governors have always solved with varying degrees of success, but also development issues. Why are the TOR and the Free Port of Vladivostok regimes for the Zabaikalye Territory, what privileges and investments are expected from the authorities by large investors and ordinary citizens, how to solve the problems of resettlement from dilapidated housing and housing for orphans, and why in Chita for the first time in history to collect Far Eastern women forum, in an interview with EastRussia.
FAR-EASTERN BREAKTHROUGH: TOR, FREE PORT, INVESTORS
- In his message to the Federal Assembly, President Vladimir Putin of Russia paid great attention to the “Far Eastern issue.” What have you heard for yourself?
- The main thing: the Far East, which now includes the Trans-Baikal Territory, has been assigned a serious task - to reach a level above the average in Russia on key socio-economic indicators. Such a “Far Eastern” breakthrough is vital for Transbaikalia. Already in the region, active work is underway to introduce Far Eastern development tools.
- Do you mean the project to create in the Trans-Baikal Territory the TOR “Transbaikalia”?
- And not only. We have included projects in various fields of activity: mining and processing of minerals, agriculture, woodworking, engineering, construction, food industry and others. Most of the projects are mining and processing of minerals - this is due to the specifics of the region. It is the wealth of the mineral resource base that provides a special investment attractiveness of the Trans-Baikal Territory.
- What projects of subsoil users would you call a landmark?
- I would single out a project for the development of the Udokan copper deposit. According to calculations, its capacity is 125 thousand tons of metal per year. This project is being implemented by the Baikal Mining Company. But this does not mean that we aim to support only mining enterprises.
The project for the creation of a timber industry complex for deep processing of wood in volumes of more than two thousand cubic meters per year requires special attention. It is being implemented in the north of the region, in the Mogochinsky district, the output of the projected capacity is planned for 2025 year. In addition, we need to develop a project to create an agro-industrial complex based on the Komsomolets breeding plant and a number of others.
- And what now prevents Trans-Baikal business from successfully implementing investment projects?
- The overwhelming majority - infrastructure constraints and expensive borrowed resources. TOR allows you to solve at least the first problem.
- Foreign investors in TOR will?
- Among the applications submitted there are two initiators with foreign capital.
- And why is there only one TOR, if investment projects, as you recently calculated, in the subject of the Russian Federation on 1 trillion rubles?
- One, but with a lot of sites. The vast area of the Trans-Baikal Territory, which is over 400 thousand square kilometers, did not allow us to work out another solution.
- And what volumes of investments are you expecting to reach the TOR?
- Before 2028, more than 175,6 billion rubles in private investment and 6,4 billion rubles in federal funds. Thousands of jobs will be created by 9,5. Additional tax revenues to budgets of all levels for the first 10 years of project implementation will amount to about 31,3 billion rubles.
- Will any other “Far Eastern” business support tools come to the region?
- On the territory of the regional center - the city of Chita, 12 investment projects are planned to be implemented in the “Free Port of Vladivostok” mode. The total investment will be 15 billion rubles, of which 2,4 billion rubles. - own funds of potential residents.
In addition, in the Trans-Baikal Territory, the law on state support of investment activity, providing tax incentives, is already in force. Land plots owned by the region, or municipal property, or land plots for which state ownership is not demarcated are allocated for rent without bidding. Project support is provided by the Transbaikalian Territory Development Corporation. Supervision of investment projects is also provided by the government of the region.
"FOCUS ON INTERNAL ISSUES"
- Let's return to the message of the President to the Federal Assembly. Which of the accents designated by the head of state are most relevant to the region?
- The President instructed to focus on domestic issues and problems, on the conditions of life support, the social sphere. The big block of the message was dedicated to supporting low-income, needy citizens, saving the population, increasing the birth rate, helping families with children. And we will work hard on this.
Also, one of the main positions that the head of state paid attention to is the principles of the work of civil servants. It is necessary that such specialists first of all put the interests of the people, and not the solution of some of their narrow departmental or abstract issues and tasks. It is important to see the problems of a particular group of people, specific territories, a particular family, a particular person. This is what we in the Trans-Baikal Territory today are trying to teach everyone who is in public service to do.
Another priority, consonant with the problems and opportunities of the Trans-Baikal Territory, expressed in the message is the development of national industry. More effective incentives are needed, including for enterprises in the Trans-Baikal Territory, which process resources.
- At a meeting with residents of Petrovsk-Zabaykalsky district, you noted that Transbaikalia is the leader in the number of orphans who stand in line for housing. How to solve this difficult problem?
- On 1 February 2019, orphans in need of housing, in the Trans-Baikal Territory - more than eight thousand people. The amount of funding provided for 2019-2021 years is 990,5 million rubles. The need for funding is 8 billion rubles. Thus, the average waiting period for orphans is 10 years, and in 2019, we plan to provide housing for 288 orphans.
- What to do?
- The government of the Trans-Baikal Territory proposes to expand the scope of financial support for orphans at the federal level. For example, you can provide a cash certificate while maintaining all restrictions on housing, which are provided for the provision of housing, including the inability to use the certificate for sale or exchange for other material values. In this case, it is possible to use the certificate as a payment of the fee when you make a mortgage loan.
- The second usually difficult question for the regions is the program of resettlement from emergency and dilapidated housing. How is she going?
- The implementation of a regional targeted program for the resettlement of citizens from emergency housing, recognized as such before 1 in January of 2012, is in the final stages. The Trans-Baikal Territory needed to resettle 83,81 thousands of square meters of emergency housing and resettle 4,63 thousands of people. To date, 77,77 has been resettled with thousands of square meters of emergency housing and thousands of people have been resettled with 4,3. In 2019, 263 people will be relocated. In 2018, 10 apartment buildings were commissioned as part of the program.
- Any additional measures expect to take to reduce unsuitable housing?
- Developed a special regional project. Within its framework, a regional program will be established for the resettlement of citizens from emergency housing, recognized as such by 1 September 2017. The program will operate until September 1 2025, during which time it is planned to resettle more than 85 thousand square meters of housing. The implementation of this program will be carried out with the financial support of the state corporation, the Housing and Utilities Reform Facility.
- At the meeting on solid municipal waste management, you told Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev about a new system of municipal solid waste management, which will be launched in Transbaikalia on January 1 of 2020 in January. Tell me more?
- According to the results of the competitive selection, the status of a regional operator on 10 years in the territory of the region was assigned to LLC OLERON +. The key point in the new system is that the entire volume of MSW on the territory of the region will be processed, then the waste fractions that cannot be recycled will be sent to landfills for disposal.
The regional operator will be obliged to provide services to the population of the whole region, even in the most inaccessible and remote areas, as well as to eliminate unauthorized dumping grounds of MSW with a volume of more than one cubic meter. Existing in the territory of settlements "landfill TKO" will be eliminated, land reclaimed. A new territorial waste management scheme will be developed before 1 September 2019.
NATIONAL PROJECTS, NATIONAL PROGRAM, NATIONAL PRESENT
- You recently asked the Russian government to increase funding for national projects in Transbaikalia. Which ones?
- It concerned national projects in the field of education and demography, urban environment and ecology. Additionally, 9 billion rubles we need for the construction and modernization of water networks. Additional funding is needed for the national project “Safe and high-quality roads” - about 13 billion rubles.
- What do the people themselves ask first? Can you already summarize the results of the collection of proposals from the public in the preparation of the draft national program for the development of the Far East before 2025 of the year, which the regions and the Ministry of Eastern and Eastern Development are leading?
- The demand of the population for the development of culture, education, health, mass physical culture and sports, improvement of cities, villages and townships is obvious. Zabaikalsky Krai is in third place among the Far Eastern regions in terms of the number of online proposals submitted to the draft national program. Citizens' meetings, meetings of local authorities with employees of enterprises, where projects important for the territory were collectively discussed, were held all over the region. More than 42 thousand people took part in them.
- Do experts somehow work with these initiatives of the population?
- In order to organize work on the formation of a “social” section of the national program, “sectoral” working groups were formed. From 29 January to 1 February 2019, their meetings were held, representatives of the executive authorities of the Trans-Baikal Territory took part in the work. A number of proposals were developed.
- Which ones can you list?
- Co-financing employers' expenses for the formation of a “social package” for citizens attracted and working in the points of economic growth of the Far Eastern Federal District. Formation of social packages in the form of a system of preferences for various categories of Far Easterners, depending on the number of accumulated points. Obligatory registration of business entities implementing projects in the Far Eastern Federal District, at the place of business. The extension of existing guarantees and compensations provided for by the law “On State Guarantees and Compensations for Persons Working and Living in the Far North and Equal Areas” to all residents of the Far Eastern Federal District, which will result in a decrease in migration outflow.
- All the proposals in the end "go" to the national program or somewhere else can be reflected?
“On the basis of the proposals, a plan for the social development of economic growth centers was also formed. These are 11 centers throughout the region where priority activities are identified. They are aimed at creating a social and engineering infrastructure to solve the most acute problems in the social sphere. As part of the plan 10 billion rubles in the next three years will be invested in the construction of social facilities. We will build and repair it exactly where the population is ready to join the solution of problems on their own, with ideas and support.
“FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE FAR EAST, IT IS NECESSARY TO FIND ANSWERS TO THE MOST AFTER QUESTIONS”
- In your opinion, will it be possible to reverse the trend of population outflow from the Far East to other regions of the country? Is this the main goal?
- A serious outflow of population from the Far East and from Siberia occurred immediately after the collapse of the USSR. In Soviet times, the competitiveness of the Siberian and Far Eastern economy was based on three pillars - centralized capital investments and loans, guaranteed sales markets and a specific price and tariff system. Today, none of these conditions exist.
Unfortunately, the Far East has lagged behind in a number of areas of life. It lagged behind the infrastructure, which was built, of course, primarily in the central part of Russia, along power lines, roads, schools, hospitals, by life expectancy, by the quality of health care, by education. All this had to be restored. Therefore, now the development of Eastern Siberia and the Far East is a national task, an extremely important, strategic area of work.
- In order for the population to grow, it must not just not leave - we also need measures to stimulate the birth rate. What support measures does the region have now?
- First, we support families with children. Families with an average per capita income that does not exceed the one and a half times the subsistence minimum are given a monthly cash payment in connection with the birth or adoption of their first child after December 31 2017 of the year - thousands of rubles for 11,8, 2524 families became recipients of such payment last year. Large families with average per capita income, the size of which does not exceed the subsistence minimum in the Trans-Baikal Territory, are provided with a monthly cash payment for the third and subsequent children - more than 9,5 thousand rubles; 30% expenses for housing and utilities are compensated monthly. Since 1 of January of the current year, families with many children receive a monthly cash payment in case of birth or adoption after December 31 of 2018, the year of the third or subsequent children. The payment is made under the condition that the average per capita income of a large family does not exceed the subsistence minimum in the Zabaikalsky territory. The amount of payment is set annually and now amounts to 11,8 thousand rubles.
- Any additional support measures planned?
- In connection with the entry into the Far Eastern Federal District in the Trans-Baikal Territory, they have already appeared. At birth or adoption from 1 in January 2019, the first child is assigned a lump sum payment in two times the subsistence minimum for the child. At birth or adoption of the second child - regional maternal (family) capital in the amount of 30% of the federal capital. Also, the region is preparing for the implementation of new solutions in accordance with the tasks set by Russian President Vladimir Putin in his message.
In addition, in Transbaikalia, work is underway to organize the provision of medical and social assistance to pregnant women in difficult life situations and women who intend to abandon the child. To accommodate such women, special places have been set up in social security institutions, with the efforts of the Chita diocese centers have been created for temporary stay, an anti-crisis center for pregnant women. Medical care for infertility is being improved in the region using assisted reproductive technologies. Several hundred IVF programs are run in Chita every year.
- In April, the first forum of women of the Far East called “Social initiatives of women in the implementation of national projects” will be held in Chita. What and with whom you want to discuss?
- The event is scheduled for 16-17 on April 2019. Representatives of almost all the regions that are part of the FEF, as well as Mongolia, China and Irkutsk are expected to participate in it. The organizers are the regional government, the All-Russian public-state organization Union of Women of Russia and the regional public organization Union of Women of the Trans-Baikal Territory, and the initiative is supported by Deputy Prime Minister - Presidential Envoy to the Far Eastern Federal District Yury Trutnev.
The business program of the forum will be devoted to various aspects of national projects in the Far Eastern region. The subject of discussion will be practical steps to implement national projects, as well as the development of public diplomacy and cross-border cooperation. Representatives of relevant federal and regional departments, the Women's Union of Russia and women's councils, socially-oriented NGOs, corporations, heads of municipalities, heads of business companies and the media will discuss topical issues of the socio-economic life of the Far Eastern region, positive and constraining factors for its successful development.
Among the topics discussed are the most pressing issues: the creation of favorable conditions for the growth of the birth rate; maternity and employment, developing a healthy life infrastructure and improving the effectiveness of primary health care; active longevity; public participation in the implementation of state educational policy in the Far East; ensuring a qualitatively new level of culture, a favorable environment in the Trans-Baikal Territory; development of the business environment, including women's entrepreneurship and others. I believe that the forum will become an interesting platform for the exchange of experience and the emergence of new ideas aimed at the development of the Far East, and I invite to it all those who are not indifferent to the Far East.