Notice: curl_setopt(): CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST no longer accepts the value 1, value 2 will be used instead in /home/admin/web/eastrussia.ru/public_html/gtranslate/gtranslate.php on line 101 Head of the Regional Development Corporation Nikolai Pegin on the investment attractiveness of the peninsula - EastRussia |
This text is translated into Russian by google automatic human level neural machine.
EastRussia is not responsible for any mistakes in the translated text. Sorry for the inconvinience.
Please refer to the text in Russian as a source.
"The factor of Kamchatka's movement forward is a common work"
Head of the Regional Development Corporation Nikolai Pegin on the investment attractiveness of the peninsula
- Nikolai Anatolyevich, in the spring you told in an interview with EastRussia that the "Development Corporation of the Kamchatka Krai" (KRCC) has accumulated in its portfolio of investment projects for 36 billion rubles. How did the situation change over the summer?
- Two or three years ago I would have answered: a few months is not such a long time. But the economy and the social sphere in Kamchatka are developing rapidly. Over the past two or three months we have taken on a number of projects. Among them - the enterprise for the processing of solid domestic waste, the plant for deep processing of seafood. The last project of Kamchatralflot LLC attracts investments of 1,4 billion rubles. The second similar plant, designed for non-waste processing of 100 tons of raw materials daily, also successfully passed the stage of pre-investment implementation. In its creation LLC "KZB-Donka" will invest more than 800 million rubles. Recently, 23 August, LLC Tekleor-Kamchatka, which with our help plans to create an innovative Center for Antimicrobial Processing of Accelerated Food Electrons in the territory of the Zelenovskie Ozerki agro-industrial park, received the status of a resident of the TOP. While in Russia there is and successfully operates one such enterprise. In Kamchatka there will be a second one. In general, the number of investment projects announced for implementation and ongoing in the region is growing: Kamchatka leads in the Far Eastern Federal District in terms of the number of residents of the TOP, they are already more than 70.
- Several very large projects recently entered the Kamchatka economy: holdings of NOVATEK, Tata Power, Renova, Norebo. What are they so attracted by the region?
- The appearance of economic giants on the economic map of Kamchatka is easy to explain. This is the result of hard work to promote the resources and capabilities of Kamchatka. Large investors know that favorable legal, administrative and economic conditions have been created in the province for successful and profitable business. This is evidenced by the results of the last national rating of the investment attractiveness of the subjects of the federation. In it, the Kamchatka region, having overcome 36 positions, climbed to 32 place. This year the region sets itself even more ambitious goals. The governor of the region Vladimir Ilyukhin considers it necessary, at least, to enter the top 30 of the investment attractiveness of Russian regions. And this means that Kamchatka needs to wait for the appearance on the economic map of the region of new powerful players with breakthrough projects, similar to the NOVATEK marine transshipment complex, the Tata Power coal mine. For example, a large Chinese energy company declares its intention to build a cascade of Zhupanovsky HPPs on the territory of the Kamchatka Territory.
- Traditionally, the leading industry for Kamchatka is the fishing industry. Is there room for new players in it?
- This year the region is ready to exceed its own last year's record for seafood production of 1,2 million tons. A record for Pacific salmon has already been achieved: by early September, Kamchatka fishermen extracted more than 460 thousand tons of red fish. Updated the absolute record for the entire history of the Russian Pacific salmon fishery. Current production volumes are not final. Thanks to Kamchatka's records, marketing experts forecast an all-Russian decline in prices for red caviar and some species of Pacific salmon. Record production is a complex of economic, legal and environmental measures carried out in the region. According to specialists, a serious increase in salmon herds going to the rivers of Kamchatka was affected by the ban on fishing by drift nets, which the Kamchatka Territory managed to achieve. Today the fishery complex of the region is developing not only by increasing production volumes, but, first of all, creating onshore production, deepening the processing of raw materials in order to obtain high surplus value. In general, 16 projects of processing industries are implemented in the region with a total investment of about 17 billion rubles. The answer to the question, whether there is a place in the industry for new players, is obvious. But new players have to look for a niche through the use of innovative technologies, for example, in the reproduction of biological resources.
- There are a number of projects in the CDCK that are closely connected with the tourist destination: from the construction of the new terminal complex of the GC "Renova" to the TRC "Petropavlovskaya harbor". Tell us about the dynamics of these projects?
- The project of the international terminal is being implemented in the planned mode, preparation of design and estimate documentation for engineering and transport infrastructure is currently being completed. The project "Petropavlovsk Harbor" initiated by the corporation is also developing successfully. Expert research conducted last year showed that production facilities can be sanitized into tourist, commercial and cultural-entertainment facilities. The Moscow branch of the British firm Aukett Swanke has completed work on a pre-project sketch for the reconstruction and redevelopment of the investment sites for the collective use of the Petropavlovsk Harbor. This approach allows us to reduce the cost of implementing the investment project by at least three times. Despite the interest in participating in the project, which is shown by investors from Russia, South Korea, and recently - and German entrepreneurs, the corporation began independently implementing this project.
- In your opinion, is it possible to find not sponsors, as now, but really an investor in events of event tourism: "The Day of the Volcano" - in the summer, "Beringia" - in the winter, turning these holidays from profit-making indirectly to profit-making organizers?
- Actually, for these purposes, to expand the scope of the tourist season in the region, to increase the number of arriving in the region, Russian and foreign guests are held and the "Volcano Day", and "Beringia", and competitions in surfing and other extreme sports. All of them collect a large number of spectators. Ethnographic festivals, and many other events, which are increasingly on the tourist calendar in Kamchatka, also stand in the same row. Their scenario is being improved, comprehensiveness is being formed, modern digital technologies are being actively used for their implementation, transport and hotel infrastructure is developing. Everything allows residents and guests of the peninsula to follow with maximum comfort, despite the seasons and vagaries of the weather, for racing, competitions, ethnographic holidays. All these activities, as the number of tourists increase, will start to bring their organizers not only image, but also financial dividends. It is clear that for the achievement of these goals investment in the development of tourism is needed, which is now happening in the region. Last year, in comparison with 2016, investments in this branch of the Kamchatka economy grew by 70% and reached 2,14 billion rubles. This year they will become even more significant. Only residents of the TOP are going to invest in the development of tourism in Kamchatka more than 4 billion rubles.
- At the VEF Kamchatka traditionally presents its tourist potential. Have you conducted studies on how effective this measure is, how many tourists come to the peninsula after visiting such kind of presentations?
- Of course, such studies are conducted. Attracted experts to interview focus groups. Such studies were conducted in the framework of business sessions devoted to tourism, which are regularly held in Kamchatka. The results of the research are unambiguous: the presentation of the tourist potential of the Kamchatka Territory not only in the framework of the WEF, but also at other congress and exhibition events in Russia and abroad, yield results. The survey among the guests also shows that their tour operators began recommending them to travel to Kamchatka after they received information about our region in the framework of presentations at various congress and exhibition events. In my opinion, such work is extremely necessary. In Kamchatka, today there are clearly visible trends in the transformation of tourism into a complex powerful industry, which involves actively informing interested audiences, using various forms and methods, about the offered tourist products.
- The forum will feature the publication "Kamchatka. Business Navigator. " What is it full of?
- In some ways this publication is also a reflection of the long-term work of the government and the "Development Corporation of the Kamchatka Krai" and a collection of materials that implements the same tasks as the corporation: orient, acquaint, prompt. The first issue included reviews of the sectors that we consider to be priority for development in the region - tourism and recreation, agriculture, transport and logistics and the mineral and raw materials sector. In addition, the navigator has a section of acquaintance with Kamchatka and a block of useful information - with a comparative analysis of Kamchatka and other subjects of Russia, a directory of organizations that help investors, and guides for business preferences. The meaning of the publication is that it provides an exhaustive picture of everything that happens to the Kamchatka business in key industries, gives examples of "live" business stories, gives an analyst. A significant part of the content was formed by the partner of the KRCC - the EastRussia information and analytical agency. We hope that our "Navigator" will help current and future investors to formulate their understanding of the natural and business climate of Kamchatka, and on the basis of this information - take steps to implement the projects.