This text is translated into Russian by google automatic human level neural machine.
EastRussia is not responsible for any mistakes in the translated text. Sorry for the inconvinience.
Please refer to the text in Russian as a source.
Test by wind
Japanese companies invest in a wind farm in Kamchatka
- Mr. Tsutsiya, please tell us what is the essence of this project?
- The project includes the construction of three wind power plants in the Ust-Kamchatka region, as well as the creation of a Smart Grid system, which will effectively synchronize the work of the wind power system and diesel generators. As part of the project, the Japanese side represented NEDO and the companies Mitsui & Co, Komaihaltec Inc. and Fuji Electric Co., Ltd., to which the governmental organization delegates its authority, bears the main costs associated with the manufacture and supply of three wind power plants with a capacity of 300 kW each, as well as with construction and installation work in Ust-Kamchatsk. The government of Kamchatka Krai carries out the overall coordination of the project, assists in the resolution of corporate and land issues. In turn, the Holding "RAO Energy Systems of the East" bears the costs of customs duties and payments on imports, as well as transportation of equipment across the territory of the Kamchatka Territory.
- What prospects for bilateral cooperation does the project in Ust-Kamchatka open?
- I should note that a project of this kind is the first attempt to use Japanese equipment in a severe climate. Naturally, this will be the first experience for the manufacturer. If you look more broadly, as regards the activities of our organization NEDO, then we are extremely interested in implementing such projects, since they are connected both with the use of renewable energy sources and the preservation of the ecological situation in the region.
- NEDO is a Japanese government organization, at the same time, the Japanese government has sanctioned Russia against Russia. How was it possible to protect the project so that it would not be stopped in the current situation?
- From the position of an external expert, what can you say about the investment climate in the Far East. What should we pay attention to? What would you advise us?
- I would like you to understand correctly that NEDO is an organization that promotes technical issues. That is, we decide what kind of technological assistance Japanese companies can provide to one or another region. Our activity is not related to the solution of any political or economic issues. We, in particular, come to the place where the next project is being carried out with the participation of Japanese companies, and moreover, leading companies in some technological field. We look at what specific conditions exist, what problems arise - and help these companies. Japan today is proud of its global technology, and we are looking at how they can be applied in conditions that are not typical of our country. If it becomes possible to carry out other projects together with Russia, we will continue to work.