This text is translated into Russian by google automatic human level neural machine.
EastRussia is not responsible for any mistakes in the translated text. Sorry for the inconvinience.
Please refer to the text in Russian as a source.
Kamchatka puts red records
Deputy Prime Minister of the region Vladimir Galitsyn on the salmon and sales organization
In the fishing industry of Kamchatka, unprecedented volumes of catch of salmon are recorded. EastRussia learned from the Deputy Chairman of the Government of the Kamchatka Territory - the Minister of Fisheries Vladimir Galitsyn, whether only people of nature are responsible for the miracles of nature to the current records, and what a miracle to wait for consumers - especially on Kamchatka itself.
- By the third decade of August, Kamchatka enterprises along the western and eastern coast of the region have harvested more than 390 thousand tons of salmon. This is a record record for the entire history of fishing observations on the peninsula. In 2011, 2012, 2016 and 2017 years, they caught more than 230 thousand tons - these were records. Before that, the catch, exceeding 200 thousand tons, was recorded only once only in the 20-s of the last century.
Is it the generosity of nature or the merit of a person?
- Over the past ten years, Kamchatka has significantly added processing facilities, plants, and a number of refrigerators. This gave us the opportunity to get the current results. But, of course, without fish approaches this would be impossible. The current result is impressive, and Putin has not yet ended. In a week we will see more figures along the western coast of Kamchatka, where the main salmon is now being harvested.
Let me remind you that in the even years along the western coast of Kamchatka, pink salmon is actively active, and in odd ones - in the eastern. But this year and in the east, and in the west we see more than good indicators. On the east coast with the starting volume of 62 thousand tons caught 105 thousand tons. But there Putin already stopped for natural reasons.
If to remember, even ten years ago the maximum catch in the even years in the east of the peninsula was no more than 10 thousand tons. Now, as you can see, ten times more. At the same time, more than 216 thousand tons have been extracted on the West Coast.
There were no such records, and probably will not be. As scientists say, such things are observed once in a hundred years.
- Are record records for all types of salmon?
"Not really." In the Ust-Kamchatsky region, the catch for the main commercial object - sockeye salmon - is about 9,6 thousand tonnes. This is a good result. Last year there were more than 14 thousand tons - a record catch of sockeye salmon for the whole history of observations. Let me remind you that in 2007-2008 years we started with 5,5 thousand tons of annual catch.
Now the result, unfortunately, is less than what was predicted, but scientists say that an error was made in the calculations. In order to pass manufacturers to spawn on the recommendations of fisheries science, we decided to introduce additional passage days for skipping sockeye salmon. Certainly, fishermen could catch more, but we must skip the fish, which should go into the rivers and spawn.
- Where are the fish products of Kamchatka now supplied?
- Most of the fish goes to the domestic market. Traditionally, these are the central regions of Russia. Gorbusha is a "Russian" product, it is consumed mainly in our country. Keta is also a "Russian" object. At the same time about 90% sockeye salmon is exported.
Today, there is a situation in which the extracting enterprises themselves decide where it is more profitable for them to carry the fish. But I can say that we did a poll of our colleagues, and yet the order of 60% of fish caught goes to the domestic market, and only 40% - to the external market. If we are ready to process and implement everything on the territory of the Russian Federation, we will be able to increase the percentage of domestic consumption.
- The large volumes of salmonids produced do not create difficulties for fishing enterprises?
- There is a problem. Now there are quite a lot of difficulties with unloading in the port of Vladivostok and further shipment to the domestic market. There are only a few tens of thousands of tons of refrigeration capacity. And the salmon volumes in Kamchatka are huge. At the same time, other types of aquatic bioresources are caught, including pollock and squid. Basically, all are taken to Vladivostok, there is overstocking of warehouses. The fish is exported, but not fast enough, the ships have to pay a penalty for the simple at the port. Some enterprises decide to carry the goods to China and Korea - it is faster and cheaper.
- If there are so many fish, why are the prices still high?
- The initial price, of course, is formed by fishermen - those who sell fish. But the price of fishermen is not as high as those who resell this fish, including in markets or other outlets (I do not take into account specialized retail outlets belonging to fishery organizations).
It is necessary to understand what the fisherman sells at a fixed price that has developed in the industry. All that is above is the margin of those who resell. There are three, four, five middlemen. The margin reaches 200% or more of the starting price.
- But buyers, especially those living in close proximity to the place of extraction of red fish, do not want to overpay. How to be?
- In order to exclude this situation, the Government of the Kamchatka Krai has been creating a commercial network of Kamchatka commodity producers for three consecutive years. The price of fresh and frozen fish at such points is the lowest in the whole of the Russian Federation. And indeed it is.
"Fishing collective farm named after Lenin", for example, sells fish at its own points at a price lower than the one for which wholesale consignments are sold in Vladivostok. The same "Petropavlovsk-Kamchatka fish cannery" - he generally has the lowest prices. Their shop works directly on the pier, where the fish is unloaded and processed.
Unfortunately, we have quite a few such enterprises - having their own mining base, processing and having the opportunity to implement. But now there is a prospect.
"Fishing Collective Farm named after Lenin" in the next two years intends to reconstruct the plant, which will allow 150 tons of finished products per day to produce 600 tons. Most of the enterprise is going to offer the buyer on the domestic market, including in Kamchatka.
The companies "City 415" and "Kamchatralflot" within the framework of the TOP and within the framework of investment quotas will build berths, new processing plants. And they agree in principle that they will also open stores directly on their territory and in Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky for the realization of fresh and chilled fish.
- This is something similar to the projects of your neighbors in the Far Eastern Federal District - "Affordable Fish" in the Khabarovsk Territory and Sakhalin?
- We have a slightly different approach. We can not influence the market. Prices are set by sellers, at 99,99% not related to production. We want to create a network of shops owned by manufacturers.
When the pink salmon cost anywhere 100-120 rubles, the Lenin Collective Farm, for example, brought and sold it at 45 rubles per kilogram, now the price is even lower.
The same goes for caviar, which for some reason everyone is interested in, as if it were a product of first necessity. The price of caviar is now in the "Kolkhoz named after Lenin" - 1800 rubles per kilogram. The price of it generally fell, and, in my opinion, was unreasonably inflated last year.
- What role does the government of the region play in the process?
- First of all - organizational. I will give an example. The group of companies "41 region" has several points for selling fish in the territory of Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky, Elizov. Most of these places we searched with them together. Despite the fact that it seems - the mass of vacant space in the city, but they are all either rented or owned by someone.
But there was an order from the regional governor Vladimir Ivanovich Ilyukhin, and we attracted municipal authorities, found an opportunity for this group of companies to help.
Not everyone wants to engage in retail fish sales, as this entails many problems. It is easier to sell a container at a wholesale price, immediately get money and do not bother. Therefore 90% of fish-producing enterprises prefer wholesale sales.
I think that by the year of 2020, taking into account the commissioning of new processing facilities and the concomitant opening of specialized outlets, we will close the issue on Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky, Yelizovo and Vilyuchinsk.