Notice: curl_setopt(): CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST no longer accepts the value 1, value 2 will be used instead in /home/admin/web/eastrussia.ru/public_html/gtranslate/gtranslate.php on line 101 Course on Kamchatka - EastRussia | Interview
This text is translated into Russian by google automatic human level neural machine.
EastRussia is not responsible for any mistakes in the translated text. Sorry for the inconvinience.
Please refer to the text in Russian as a source.
Course on Kamchatka
Nikolai Pegin, General Director of Kamchatka Development Corporation JSC, tells why the course on Kamchatka will soon be taken by tourists, investors and captains of cargo ships
XNUMX Nikolai Anatolevich, in late August, a decision was made to create one of the territories of priority development in the Far Eastern Federal District in Kamchatka. In what exactly and how are you going to «run ahead of"?
- The decision on the establishment of the Torah was preceded by a serious joint work of the Government of Kamchatka Krai, the Ministry of East Development and the direct residents, who expressed their readiness to carry out this project. The total investment in TOR will be 36,5 billion rubles. The project itself will be implemented in several stages, for each of which a specific amount of investment is foreseen. A third of them - from the treasury. In general, budget financing - 8,46 billion rubles: the federal budget - 5,73, regional - 2,73. Later, the second and third stages of the TOR are expected to be allocated another 4,05 billion rubles from the federal budget. The main part will be private investment (28,1 billion rubles). Unlike other territories of advanced development of the Far Eastern Federal District, the Kamchatka TOR is formed according to the branch principle. The areas of advanced development are based on directions that can become locomotives for the economy of not only our region, but also of the entire Far East - tourism, transport and logistics.
- What about the fish and mining industries?
- The abbreviation "TOR" is the letter "O", which means "advanced". But it is impossible to be ahead in all directions at the same time. Therefore, the choice has been made in favor of those branches of the regional economy, which now especially need a powerful impetus for development and have a strategic perspective both for Kamchatka and for the whole country. The fishing industry of the peninsula received such a dynamic push. Over the past few years, more than 16 billion rubles have been invested in it. The mineral resource sector of the economy of Kamchatka is developing quite rhythmically. The last remarks, however, do not mean that the fisheries complex of the peninsula and its mineral and raw materials sector do not need investments, to attract funds from Russian and foreign companies. The corporation is quite fruitful in this direction. It is enough to recall the project to create a mining and smelting combine to develop the deposits of the Ozernovsky gold deposit, the first phase of which is planned to be put into commercial operation in 2017-2018 years. The total investment volume of the first stage of the project will exceed 12 billion. The total target capitalization of the enterprise for 2019 year, when the start of the second stage is planned, should be about 1 billion dollars. Tax deductions only to the regional and municipal budget for the estimated period of operation of the company will be about 10 billion rubles.
But tourism, transport (in particular, the Northern Sea Route development project), port infrastructure, simply by themselves, without serious financial injections, the creation of a broad infrastructure network, can not develop dynamically a priori. But these are industries that are able to "pull" the entire economy of the region, including fishing and mining, to reduce transportation costs, and to ensure constant revenues to the budget. The latter means that there will be funds for social development, for raising the standard of living of the inhabitants of the peninsula. This is why, in these areas, not even efforts are required, but a real "breakthrough".
The forms of state participation in the proposed projects may be different. The task of the Corporation in close contact with other interested structures is to find the best options for breakthrough economic, structural and organizational solutions.
Anchor residents in the Kamchatka Torah today expressed the intention to be thirteen companies, while in fact they submitted applications to 4 for 7,3 billion rubles to the KRDV, more 9 companies are expected, all these are local companies. They have already signed agreements with the Ministry of East Development and are ready to proceed to the matter from the protocols of intent. But a resident of TOR can be any company that has decided to establish its business on the territory of priority development.
- What can Kamchatka offer tourists? What are you going to attract them to yourself?
- We are already attracting them. Kamchatka is quite popular with Russian and foreign tourists. There are seasons when the hotel fund of the agglomeration of Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky and Elizovo district hardly has enough to accommodate all comers. It will be difficult for you to stay in a hotel with 20-x March to mid-May and June to September - because "everything is booked and bought out."
- And who are these people who fill the hotel rooms?
- In the spring they are freeriders, lovers of extreme skiing on the "wild" routes. Yes, and ordinary skiers, too. They are about two and a half - three thousand people, that for Kamchatka - already a significant number. Tourists come in different, with different requests. Among them there are rich people, for whom the main thing is to find a suitable mountain, as for surfers - to catch a wave, and their expenses do not frighten. There are also tourists of economy class. The comfort of living for this category of guests is important, but the main thing after all is our mountain slopes and the rapid Kamchatka snow.
Another group of tourists - hunters and fishermen. In Kamchatka there are excellent conditions for sport fishing, and we are keen on serious game hunters. The coveted trophy of our guests, the Kamchatka brown bear, is one of the largest in the world. Hunting it on the peninsula is legal, and it does not cause damage to nature. Our region is closed, the anthropogenic pressure on it is not great, and the Kamchatka brown bear population is thriving. Twice a year, in spring and autumn, hunters from all over the world come to Kamchatka.
In the summer, our guests enjoy the natural beauty, are treated with thermal waters, get acquainted with the unique culture of the indigenous people of the peninsula. The flow of this category of tourists continues unabated from July to September. But they are still less than we would like. The main problem of domestic tourism is its seasonality. People come only at certain times. At this time there are not enough hotels. For the rest of the time, hotels and pensions are empty or almost empty. The reason is simple: the tourist infrastructure is poorly developed. The segment of expensive rest is already relatively formed. And we need as soon as possible to create a hotel fund of the average price category, to offer people new accessible tourist routes and services so that our guests have the opportunity to see Kamchatka not only from the hotel window. This is especially important because nowadays the popularity of domestic tourism is growing in Russia.
- Only a ticket to Kamchatka is much more expensive than to Europe ...
- This problem, paradoxically, will help to solve ... it is the influx of tourists. We strive to make the Kamchatka region attractive all year round. In a stable passenger flow, the mechanism of a gradual decrease in the prices for air tickets is also laid. Now the Kamchatka air route is most in demand in the summer period - the season of holidays, when the inhabitants of the region are on a mass order to go on vacation, and tourists are eager for us. For airlines, the peak season "feeds the whole year" in the most direct sense of this expression. This leads to high prices for air tickets, hotels and much more. In fact, it does not allow tourism to develop as a highly profitable branch of the economy. In the rest of the time, from around 15 September on 15 May, ticket prices are low, but there are almost no passengers. The creation of tourist products, implemented year-round, will establish the available tariffs for air transportation, without seasonal fluctuations.
The implementation of TOR projects will allow us to make Kamchatka tourism all-weather. Resorts of the Paratunsky zone, at the balneological thermal springs and some other directions will allow to attract tourists to us all year round. For this, a qualitatively more developed infrastructure is needed. And an occupation for the soul in Kamchatka will be found all the year round.
You can see how you can fill the winter tour to Kamchatka. Arrive tourists, say, on the peninsula for five to seven days - the optimal period, especially in winter. They live in the same Paratunka zone, dip into a warm pool - and then dive into the purest snow, into fluffy snowdrifts. This is an indescribable feeling - you seem to be pierced by millions of needles at once! The next day - a snowmobile walk along the slopes of one of the volcanoes. Enjoyed by its pristine beauty, tourists on the way back get an opportunity to ride on dog sleds and get acquainted with the indigenous cuisine in the ethno-restaurant.
The third day will be reserved for rest and travel to Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky - the only regional center in Russia located on the ocean coast. The history of the regional center, which has become a city of military glory, is also interesting. By the way, the possibilities of historical, cognitive tourism are used in the province far from full. On the heroic events of the Peter and Paul Defense in 50-e people of the 19th century know very little. But it would be worth it. This is one of the brightest pages of Russian history.
And then - on the shore of the ocean, on the beaches covered with black sands. You stand and look at the Pacific Ocean, where the boundless waters merge with the heavens. And you realize that you are at the very edge of Mother Russia. Ahead, overseas, only other countries and continents. And you managed to visit this region ...
The next day you can, for example, dedicate a trip to the ice waterfalls. And then go fishing or skiing. This is amazing, when in Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky, going downhill from the mountain, you see the ocean wide in front of you. It creates a complete feeling that you rush into the ocean.
The days of such a tour will fly unnoticed and cause a compulsory desire to visit Kamchatka, at least once again.
- You mentioned several times about the Pacific Ocean, on the bank, which stands Petropalovsk-Kamchatsky, as a factor in attracting tourists ...
- There is no need to prove it. The sea spaces are ideal for those who are fond of yachting, motor or sailing. Fans of waves, wind, and the feeling of that freedom, which alone can be experienced among the ocean's expanses, are many. They are addressed to the project, over which the Corporation now operates in Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky. We intend to create a yacht port, which will include not only a yacht berth, but also objects of technical and recreational infrastructures. From the yacht-zone it is planned to stretch a cable car to the surrounding hills. From them to the vicinity of the regional center, a row of volcanoes, the Avachinskaya Bay and the Pacific Ocean offers an amazing view.
To date, the regional center registered about 5 thousand small boats. Approximately one thousand of them fall under the category of sailing and motor yachts. The owners of only some of them provide some services for tourists during the six-month navigation of small vessels. Yachts of the same ocean class, in the ice-free waters that wash Kamchatka, can cruise all year round. The creation of the yacht port will open the main road for small businesses in the organization of cruise and fishing trips. And this money, investments in the economy of the region, new jobs and much more.
By the way, tourists of cruise ships will not be forgotten. We intend to seek to expand opportunities for their acquaintance with Kamchatka. Tourists cruise ships are demanding, but the return on work with them is great. Here they can easily offer a trip along the coast of the peninsula with the organization of short-term trips to the peninsula.
The shores of Kamchatka, riddled with many beautiful bays, are very picturesque. Near them, yachtsmen, no doubt, will meet a huge number of marine animals and birds. In August, the whales approach the shores of Kamchatka following the shoals of salmon. Who, even once heard their songs, will never forget.
The coastal waters of Kamchatka provide unique opportunities for amateur fishing. In them, you can catch flounder, halibut, graft, cod - like in Norway, only in our country the fish are larger, and the ecological situation is better. Transferring tourism from the category of seasonal to the year-round category, the development of tourism infrastructure will allow, according to our calculations, to raise the number of tourists in Kamchatka from 5-6 thousands of people a year to 820 thousands of tourists, including 360 thousands through cruise liners. And these are new billions in the regional budget, new jobs, a qualitatively new level of social infrastructure. After all, along the same roads will move not only tourist buses, but also cars of residents of the region.
- The plans are large-scale, but when will their implementation begin?
- If we talk about the territory of advanced socio-economic development as a whole, then at the meeting of the Committee on Economy, Property, Budget, Tax Policy and Entrepreneurship of the Regional Legislative Assembly that was attended by the Corporation's staff at the end of October, representatives of the government of Kamchatka named the beginning of the practical implementation of this broad program. It was stated that the first objects of the TOP will begin work in 2017 year.
The regional government is now seeking funds to create infrastructure facilities for the territory of advanced development, the implementation of which involves funding from the regional budget.
There are practical lessons learned from the Corporation in creating the international yacht port "Kamchatka". It will be built in the historic center of Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky on the site of the bankrupt shipyard "Fresa". We are preparing a site for future construction. In the near future, the Corporation will start lifting the ship that was sunk at the pier of the former factory, which made it impossible to operate a significant part of the port water area.
The construction project in the regional center of the tourist complex "Petrovskaya Sopka" is approaching the practical realization. To make this project a reality, we worked with our partners from Hephaestus and the West-Woods Consulting Foundation, scrupulously stipulated all the conditions, and after that the administration of Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky signed an agreement with the foundation. The area of the building area will be 380 ha. The complex provides for the creation of six skiing areas, a funicular, a chairlift, three hotels, a cottage community, mountain bike tracks, shooting galleries, tennis courts, event venues, trails and trails for trekking and cyclocross, summer tubing, bowling, billiards, sports platforms and much more. The complex will not be empty in winter or in the summer, attracting Russian and foreign tourists. Yes, and residents of Petropavlovsk, I think he will bring a lot of joy.
- There is another project, to which the whole country "did not reach the hands" for a very long time, but now it seems the matter has moved from a dead center. I mean the revival and development of the Northern Sea Route. What contribution can Kamchatka make to this good cause?
- Strictly speaking, the Northern Sea Route does not reach Kamchatka, it lies in other latitudes. In addition, it is constantly changing depending on the ice or meteorological situation. Nevertheless, the cargo traffic on the NSR is gradually growing, and the state is determined to implement this global project. The expert and business community considers it important to form a new Arctic transport line with supporting ports of entry and exit. We believe (and we find support in this) that in the east such a point of support should be the ice-free port of Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky. In the same way, as in the west of the Northern Sea Route - Arkhangelsk and Murmansk.
Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky has quite tangible advantages, which are easily visible even on a geographical map. Cargoes that are formed in the APR and follow to America are 150-200 miles from our port. It makes sense to create here a port-hub with a line of ice shuttles, following the route to Europe and back. Naturally, it will be necessary to create our own cargo base, developing two directions - container transportation and export of fish products and mineral resources. But the return on these investments will be enormous. Let us recall at least Singapore, whose main sector of economy is the servicing of the global traffic flow.
So far, unfortunately, this path is practically not used. In general, if we talk about rapid and dynamic development, it will require the creation of not only port structures, but also geo-meteo information and rescue systems, many other necessary things. Now if the ship goes by the Northern Sea Route and one of the crew is seriously ill, a whole rescue operation of federal significance is unfolding. There are not enough shore services, nuclear icebreakers for the convoy. Business also needs full confidence in the transport system that it uses. He should know that a caravan of ships led by an atomic icebreaker is being formed at the ice edge at a rigid deadline, that any reaction will be quick and information will be prompt, that the cargoes are reliably insured against possible risks. So far we have just started to create such a system. But let it be slow, but the matter moves from the dead point.
- Have you achieved any meaningful results after the Eastern Economic Forum? Can it be compared with similar business summits in St. Petersburg or Sochi?
- I very positively assess the fact that there was such a target investment platform as the WEF, that this forum was held in general and most importantly, it has a great future. Compare it with the forums that are held in St. Petersburg or Sochi, it is incorrect: each forum has its own purpose. St. Petersburg is a global strategic event of the world level, the Sochi is an "investment forum of the Russian regions." And in Vladivostok we are working on our Far Eastern investment platform, which is attended by businessmen from other regions of Russia and from abroad. The Far East is not very rich, and if you act alone, you will not get far. "Efficiency is enhanced when the efforts of the Far East are combined at one site. the importance of the WEF for the whole of the Asia-Pacific region.In essence, this is one of the most important geo-economic instruments of Russia in the macroregion, our "gateway to the East." At the forum that took place in September this year, it was not just "guests who went by the light, and the participants who seriously decided to establish contacts and business contacts here.The Kamchatka region at the WEF signed a number of important and promising agreements, for example, on the development of a ski resort in Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky, on the creation and development of the Fish Exchange, etc. On which practical steps for implementation have already been taken.
"How long is this time?"
- I think not very much. Events in the Far Eastern business area are now developing much faster and more dynamic than we could have imagined a year or two ago. And this, to be honest, is encouraging. We, as an institution of development, will try in every way to facilitate this “acceleration”.