Notice: curl_setopt(): CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST no longer accepts the value 1, value 2 will be used instead in /home/admin/web/eastrussia.ru/public_html/gtranslate/gtranslate.php on line 101 Vladimir Pechenyi: Magadan region can reach the bar of 50 tons of gold per year! - EastRussia | Interview
This text is translated into Russian by google automatic human level neural machine.
EastRussia is not responsible for any mistakes in the translated text. Sorry for the inconvinience.
Please refer to the text in Russian as a source.
"We can reach the bar of 50 tons of gold per year!"
Vladimir Pecheny, Governor of the Magadan Region, spoke with an EastRussia correspondent at the fields of the Eastern Economic Forum
- Vladimir Petrovich, what projects from the ones that you present at the WEF, the Magadan region has the greatest hopes?
- First of all, for projects in the mining industry. I'm talking about the development of the Omsuchan coal cluster, in which large reserves, including coking coal, are concentrated. This project is export-oriented, first of all, to the markets of the Asia-Pacific Region. Our preliminary work with partners in Korea and Japan shows great interest in the products themselves. Now the task is to attract investments. I think the partner will be a Japanese company, we recently met in Magadan, but our main investor is our company.
Another major project is the development of an already operating enterprise, a gold recovery plant at the Pavlik deposit. I'm talking about the second stage of the factory, except for Pavlik-2, there is also the Rodionovskoye field. The project will double gold production. Now the planned capacity of the enterprise is 6 tons of gold per year, with the launch of the second stage will be up to 12 tons per year. These are very serious volumes, so I am boldly saying that Kolyma is on the verge of a breakthrough in gold mining today. After all, in addition to this project, we are waiting for the launch of the Polyus Gold enterprise at the Natalka deposit in 2017.
- What volumes do you expect to leave?
- At Natalkinsky, I think, if everything starts in 2017, then in a year they will come out to 10 tons per year. The planned capacity of the first stage is 10-12 tons, so this is quite realistic. At the Pavlik deposit last year, a ton of gold was given. This year, I hope, will go to 4 tons. In general, now in the Magadan region is extracted 27 tons of gold. With the output to the planned capacity of new enterprises, we get a plus of about 20 tons. That is, in the very near future we can reach the bar in 50 tons of gold per year!
- What is the status of the current energy bridge project with Chukotka?
- This project is in the initial stage of implementation. And it is multifaceted. We are talking about the continuation of the development of the power system of the Magadan region itself, which is connected with the completion of the construction of the Ust-Srednekanskaya hydroelectric power station. This year, the third hydroelectric unit was delivered, there should be only four. And when you reach the planned capacity, the station will issue up to 600 MW. This will give a surplus of electricity, which can be given to Chukotka. The technical conditions for the construction of power transmission lines are now being worked out.
- It turns out, Kolyma does not need so much water energy?
- Not yet. Although I would nevertheless act in this matter carefully. After all, the Magadan region is also continuing to develop, we are also in the process of creating new enterprises, and energy-intensive ones. No matter how it turned out that we will give electricity, and then not enough ...
- And the project of a hydrogen plant, which RusHydro was going to build with a Japanese partner, is how relevant?
- The process continues. Now two Japanese companies are engaged in parallel technical and economic justification and a more detailed study of logistics. When the government talked about the construction of a hydrogen plant in the Magadan region, this caused some concern. The name "hydrogen plant" began to strain. We explained all this, both at the place of placement, and the requirements that must be observed in the place of construction of such facilities. This production should be as safe as possible. I do not think that it is necessary to strongly urge investors and partners. The project is, and one day he will shoot. Maybe in the near future. Or maybe not.
- A shelf project in the Magadan region in what state is now?
- In reserve. According to preliminary forecasts, the potential of the Magadan shelf is quite large, I don’t even want to give any figures now. Rosneft owns three licenses for offshore areas - Magadan-1, Magadan-2 and Magadan-3. For all these sites, the company conducts research, they are all in different stages. Work is more active on the Magadan-1 section; this is a well-known story: this year, the exploratory drilling phase began on two wells. The company considers this work successful. Including the terms in which, under difficult conditions, it was possible to put the platform. Predict when this all goes into the industrial stage, I can not. This is a question for Rosneft. The process goes as planned in the company. Maybe even with some advance. By the end of this year, the company will determine what work to do in the future. The coastal base in Magadan was organized by Rosneft this year, a site was prepared, the necessary service units, in particular, for receiving oil. I would like, of course, to get results faster.
- Your opinion: all these projects how to more effectively provide labor resources? The shift method on the Kolyma will prevail?
- Of course, now part of the labor force is imported from the outside, this is an objective situation, since the labor resources of the Magadan region do not provide for the needs of all major projects. My position is to maximally involve the inhabitants of the Magadan Region in work at new enterprises. It is of fundamental importance for me to keep the population within the region, to move it from the unpromising villages of Magadan region, where there is no work, to Magadan or other places in the region where it is more comfortable - both in terms of climate and infrastructure. And then it will be an internal watch: the jobs in the region will be occupied by people living in or near Magadan. This is interesting for investors. Moreover, one way or another this situation is already taking shape: a certain number of residents of Magadan, Tents, Pula today work at the enterprises on watch, they leave Magadan and return to Magadan, live in Magadan. By the way, even the company Kinross, which produces gold in Chukotka, has its office and logistics based in Magadan. And a large number of residents of Magadan work in Chukotka on a watch at the enterprises of Kinros. I think this is the most promising approach.
- In this regard, the question arises of the development of Magadan. Today, the Far East is implementing a project for the integrated development of Komsomolsk-on-Amur. Can the same project occur on Magadan?
- Yes, and our preliminary plan for Magadan includes more than 30 positions. Not all of them will require financing. It is about such serious and important components as infrastructure - modernization of heat supply facilities, network infrastructure, social and cultural facilities. Today we are actively building sports facilities, the concert hall was launched, we are modernizing the service facilities, which are important for Magadan. In particular, solid household waste - a garbage recycling plant - is one of the elements. We will come to the end of this month to complete this plan, we will calculate everything. We can not completely focus on the project in Komsomolsk-on-Amur, we have a different story. Magadan is the administrative center of the entire region, which forms the entire infrastructure for life in the region. In Magadan, gold is not mined, but everything related to resource mobilization, in order to ensure what happens on the territory of the whole region, all this requires serious preparation.
- For the development of tourism, an infrastructure is also needed ...
- Yes, we have now issued a guidebook, which is aimed at revealing the tourist potential of the territory. It is unique - nature, fauna, extreme types of tourism, fishing, hunting, the already familiar elements of car tourism. We have been conducting the "Golden Festival" for two years now, the project was marked by Rosturizm as a successful event tourism project. We will continue it, it causes great interest. We will work more closely with Kamchatka to combine our tourism products. We have an air service Magadan - Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky, the flight was launched on our initiative together with the governor of Kamchatka. We subsidize it for 50%, so that prices are affordable. These are the opportunities that, I believe, should be promoted as much as possible within the Far East, since transport accessibility from the central regions of the country is not yet high. Ticket prices bite. It is impossible to count on tourist flows from the central regions of the country with such prices. But inside the Far East, we need to actively promote our region, which we are doing.