This text is translated into Russian by google automatic human level neural machine.
EastRussia is not responsible for any mistakes in the translated text. Sorry for the inconvinience.
Please refer to the text in Russian as a source.
What are poets ready for?
In Kamchatka preparation for the legendary dog race "Beringia" begins
- Aleksey Yurievich, "Beringia 2014" has been a long time. It's time to sum up. What was possible, where did they fail? Is it possible to consider the new race format successful and does it have the right to continue existence?
- Assess what was bad and good, we should not, but the residents and the participants themselves. I know that many of those who came to the start of the Beringia, really liked. If we talk about the participants, they see a sufficient number of shortcomings. This is connected with the new route, and with the new team. Indeed, there was some inconsistency between the organizing committee and the club. But for the first time, Beringia was held in a fundamentally new format. About her learned thousands of our countrymen. The coverage of people who now understand what “Beringia” is, since there are more times in 20-30. I must admit that before it was a club, shtetl event. In addition to the residents of Esso, several hundred more guests could watch the starts of the teams, but most of the residents of Kamchatka live in the capital of the region, which, in my opinion, should also participate in this celebration.
- The race 2014 year has become quite extensive: 1300 km after the traditional 950. It was reported that in 2015 the length of the "Beringia" could be more than 2000 km and re-enter the Guinness Book of Records, but as the longest in the world. Are these plans or route distance and route still being discussed?
- This is not a constant, still under discussion. We really planned to increase the race route to a record one. Before the start of the "Beringia 2014" they consulted the cayurs about this. Then many declared their readiness to test their strength on such an extreme route. This year we have not yet met at a general meeting, while we are holding separate consultations. But now, after communicating with individual kayurs, I understand that their opinion has changed ...
- So it was hard?
- It was not sweet. A completely new route, a long distance, heavy weather and climate conditions. The race was a test for many of the couches. Several people did not reach the finish line, they left the race, someone was coming from the last strength ...
- Which route options are being discussed now? "Beringia" in general will be?
- Where, then, will the race start?
"It will be either Esso or Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky." But the holiday in the regional center in any case will be. In what format it will pass, yet I can not say.
- What is the expected composition of the race next year, are we expecting guests from other territories?
- Of course, we will focus on Kamchatka racers. Our kayurs are the main and main part of any "Beringia". But he will call guests from other territories. However, if last year we sent invitations to heads of subjects and heads of organizations related to driving, then this year we will invite specific people. We studied the composition of the riders who participated in the race "Hope" (Chukotka), in "Kalevala" (Karelia), we will call them to ourselves. But there are difficulties with the arrival of us kayurov. They are related to the fact that our race over time intersects with others, and with "Aiditrod" (Alaska) and "Hope." In addition, in general, the dog sled race in Russia is a sprint race. Few of the kayurs will decide on such an extreme marathon as in Kamchatka. The only such race is the race in Alaska. But this is a race for very kayurov enthusiastic.
Of course, gradually expanding the circle of participants of the Beringia, we understand that it is necessary to change the very approach to organizing the starts. Beringia is a compromise of tradition and sport. Most likely, you will have to revise the rules: divide the race into the traditional and sports. And share the prize pool.
- And what is that?
- This year at the start of the "Beringia" was a very snowy blizzard. In the south it became warmer and the probability that the rivers would burst open was very high. Is the idea of moving the race to an earlier date discussed?
- “Beringia” takes place in these terms not the first year, it is a long-term experience. Conduct later - it is impossible, the rivers are opened, and earlier - some rivers still do not rise. After this race, we got a great experience. Changed the approach to the race, without prejudice to the interests of the club. We tried to take over the reins of government. If we say that this is a regional holiday, the race is financed from the regional budget, and its partners are partners of the Kamchatka Territory, then it is only natural that the organizing committee should hold the race and be responsible for it. This year, some questions were closed by the club, and, unfortunately, it was in these areas that there were the most complaints.
- Every year the "Beringia" has more and more sponsors, can it become autonomous and financially independent?
- This year "Beringia" started from the biathlon complex. The holiday there turned out grandiose, although it is difficult to make a show from "Beringia" ...
- Very difficult. The team that prepared the "Beringia", prepared almost all the biathlon holidays. But biathlon is always a drive: one of the athletes resorts to the line, shoots, cut-offs ... Biathlonists have sensors that display the characteristics of his equipment on the screens, information about how he ran and shot. This is not the case with Beringia. After the command "start" the teams run away, and at this time it is necessary to occupy people with something, because there must be an action. To make the program interesting, we had to work hard. And I must say, a lot happened and the start was really very spectacular. But there were some ideas that could not be realized. For example, athletes from the Federation of Parachuting Kamchatka planned to make a jump right at the start of the Beringian holiday. But the weather let down. God grant that in 2015 year it turned out. There are also professional extremals who perform aerial stunts on snowmobiles. Last year, we could not invite them, because they had a pretty busy schedule. But this year we will start training earlier, and I think that they will be able to come. In addition, our Ministry of Sport proposes to hold a championship of the Kamchatka Krai at the opening of the race in ski-joring. There is one more idea: to hold simultaneously two big holidays from the start: in Petropavlovsk and in Esso, but it is very difficult from the point of view of the organization.
- Another innovation of this year is big holidays with invited "stars" in all regions along the route of the race. Will this tradition continue?
- We will continue to invite artists. This is a story that was liked by both residents and participants. But local teams, as invited, and we will call. We have a lot of glorious teams, including national ones. The “trick” of this year was that there were fresh people, a new look, a different approach to the holidays in the territory. In small villages, where everyone knows each other, it is difficult to create a festive atmosphere on your own. And we want to bring more people from other settlements to the districts.
- This year, Beringia has taken a high level. Can you hold her back?
- It so happened that the organizing committee takes all decisions to hold a race at general meetings with mushers. When will the format of the race and the holiday of next year become clear when you gather at the negotiating table?
- It will be until the end of this month or at the very beginning of the next. This is a feature after which it will be necessary to prepare very hard. We talk on the phone all the time, many mushers live in areas, they need time to get here. Many have things to do: someone is harvesting fish, someone is just digging potatoes ... as soon as it becomes possible to collect the maximum composition, we will immediately gather. On the one hand, after this year, we understand that almost nothing is impossible. But everything, the format, the route, and the distance, depend on the preparation and mood of the mussels themselves.
"Beringia 2014 is in many ways your child. The holiday of the opening, the very start, you often were with the couches and on the track, and on the organizing committees. Did not you feel like going to the race yourself, at least a little bit on the road?
- I really want to go (smiles) ... Already after Beringia, my friend presented a holiday at the Semashkins' nursery for his daughter's birthday. And for the first time in my life I rode on a harness. There were 8 dogs. I, like all newcomers, were given a certificate of a musher. I admit, when you are being taken by dogs, this is an amazing feeling: very unusual, but very difficult. I ride a snowmobile a little bit, but this is completely different. I understand that our mushers are heroes, I would not have been able to ride a sled in a day. But it would be interesting for me to go on a snowmobile. If the manager lets me go for a couple of days, then I would be happy to volunteer for the race.
Published in the newspaper "Fisherman of Kamchatka". EastRussia.ru is the information partner of the Rybak Kamchatka newspaper.