Notice: curl_setopt(): CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST no longer accepts the value 1, value 2 will be used instead in /home/admin/web/eastrussia.ru/public_html/gtranslate/gtranslate.php on line 101 What are the investment priorities for Kamchatka for the fourth WEF - EastRussia | Interview
This text is translated into Russian by google automatic human level neural machine.
EastRussia is not responsible for any mistakes in the translated text. Sorry for the inconvinience.
Please refer to the text in Russian as a source.
Oksana Gerasimova: "Business is already ready for long-term investments"
What are the priorities for Kamchatka to the fourth WEF
- At the fourth Eastern Economic Forum, the main exposition of the region will be called "Kamchatka Krai - 2030". Why did you decide to look that far?
- To succeed, we decided to focus on projects - "locomotives", which we will represent at the WEF. Many of them have a long-term character. For example, one of the most promising areas, according to our assessment, given the attention of the Government of the Russian Federation to the development of the Northern Sea Route, is logistics. Here in Kamchatka there is more than one project. Firstly, agreements were reached with Novatek PJSC on the construction of the largest in the Far East terminal for transshipment of liquefied natural gas in the Bay of Bichevinskaya. 10 August, Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev held a meeting in Kamchatka on this project. The amounts of private and budgetary investments have been determined, almost 70 and 38 billion rubles. accordingly, agreed on amending the existing legislation, which will allow the project to take advantage of the preferential treatment regime of the territories of advanced development (TOP). The investor confirms that he will soon be ready to start work on the project.
- Is this the largest investment in Kamchatka associated with the development of the Northern Sea Route?
- Large, but not the only ones, that's what's important. The project of the Norebo group for the creation of a port-hub in the port of Seroglazka is underway in the port of Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky. The terminal already serves fishing vessels, providing transshipment of fish products to containers with shipment to nearby ports of Asia - previously there was no such opportunity in Kamchatka. In the future, the terminal will be engaged in complex vessel maintenance. At the forum, this project will be considered in terms of the prospects for the development of the Northern Sea Route. Today, the volume of investments under the project has been increased by 3,5 times.
- These are all global projects, with large volumes of required investments and long terms of implementation. And in general, the scope of logistics becomes more attractive for investors?
- This year, our Kamchatka entrepreneurs decided to fill new land to create berthing facilities. Previously, this was not - mostly it was federal projects. But the fishermen came to an understanding that new port capacities are needed, and now, when leasing land, they are ready to expand them. In addition to the "Seroglazka" terminal, there are several other enterprises engaged in fish production. This is a significant amount, which indicates that the business is ready to invest "in the long." Everyone understands that the Northern Sea Route will inevitably develop. There is a need for deliveries of cargo through Kamchatka, the number of calls is increasing. Finally, there is a redistribution of the catch limits through the mechanism of the so-called "keel quotas", and our entrepreneurs are starting to build new production capacities.
- Fish production and fish processing remain priorities?
- This is the traditional direction of development of the Kamchatka economy - modernization of the fishing industry complex. Now we have announced 16 new large-scale complexes, the total amount of investments in the renovation of fish processing - about 17 billion rubles. In this case, it's not just about investing in shore facilities for investment quotas. It is very important that over the past two years, local businesses have begun investing in the construction of new vessels. "Fishing collective farm named after Lenin" ordered the first three trawler-seiners in Kaliningrad and gave an example of the need to update the fleet. Now other fishermen have started negotiations and are determined where and on what terms it will be more profitable to build new vessels. A landmark story for the Far East with the order of vessels by the collective farm named after Lenin will be presented at the WEF in the framework of the discussion of high-tech projects.
- You said that the growing interest of shipping companies to Kamchatka is obvious. Is there somehow reviving the ship repair problem?
"The industry is in an extremely difficult state, and we can not do without federal support. Those vessels that will pass through Kamchatka, naturally, will need current maintenance and urgent repairs. The site where Petropavlovsk Shipyard used to operate is suitable for the development of this service. We are ready for an entrepreneur who will be ready to develop ship repair and create a kind of "ship repair center" oriented to Russian and foreign vessels, to provide the widest set of preferences and open, as they say, a "green corridor".
- Do you have any candidates?
- We bought a platform. While the business plan for the development of the facility is being formed, the direction of development of ship repair should necessarily enter it.
- What with the project of modernization of the "air gates" of Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky, CC "Airports of the regions" began active work on the new terminal?
- Preparing design estimates for the necessary engineering and transport infrastructure, which will be built with the involvement of not only the investor, but also budgets of two levels. By the year 2021, the project should be implemented. In parallel with this, the company "Vityaz-Aero" is developing local airlines. In Mykolaivka a new airport is under construction, the investor company received the status of a resident of the TOP. This direction is also very important for the region, because only in this way the tourist potential of the region can be more fully revealed - through the functioning of routes deep into the peninsula. The company is building up its helicopter fleet, replenishing it with new cars every year. The growth of tourist flow to Kamchatka is evident, and the needs of the region's guests in accessible and comfortable transportation outside Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky should be closed.
- Since we switched to tourism, what are the priorities for Kamchatka in this industry?
- It is important that regional entrepreneurs began to invest in the development of tourism. By the end of 2020, as we expect, will be put into operation hotel and entertainment complex LLC "New House" - a resident company of the free port regime. After this, we hope to receive a numbered fund sufficient to accommodate in the capital of the region not only tourists, but also guests of congress and exhibition events that can be held there. And we will not puzzle over where to place participants of major business events in the midst of the tourist season, as it has to do now.
- "New Home", of course, went to a chic venue in the heart of the city. Where else can you "land" investors in tourism in Kamchatka?
- At the WEF we will present two sites where investors would like to be attracted. The first one is a tourist-recreational cluster "Paratunka". There the construction of infrastructure began. Plots in the area of Paratunka, nearest to the Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky spring of thermal water, we are ready to provide. You can build high-level hotels there for two to three years. The second site - "Zelenovskie lakes", where the similar infrastructure and thermal water of even more unique composition. There about 200 hectares of territory are divided into plots, ready to receive investors, and not only in tourism. One of the potential investors is the company Tekleor with an interesting service project - disinfecting food irradiation, which allows you to increase the shelf life of food in two to four times. They are interested in implementing this project in Kamchatka, because it is interesting to sell fish, meat and vegetables to neighboring regions of the Far East - in the Magadan Region, Chukotka, as well as in markets such as China. The company is ready to submit an application to the TOP.
- The skiing direction is now becoming more fashionable in the Far East. Is Kamchatka moving along this path?
- Back in 2011, we developed a master plan for the development of ski resorts on the peninsula. This year, an entrepreneur who is a resident of the TOP, which is building a children's camp "Volna" in the Paratunka zone, said that he is ready to participate in the ski project provided that there is a co-investor. He now calculates a business plan for the mountains Frosty and Saddle. There are several more "point" projects in the sphere of tourism development, for example, TRC "Petropavlovskaya harbor" - a project aimed at the development of the yacht port in Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky, promoted by the "Development Corporation of Kamchatka Krai". All the places under the yachts in the city are dismantled, and for sailing to develop further, new structures are needed. We consider this project very promising. At the ICRC come investors who are ready to implement projects on the site.
- What happens in other industries, adjacent to the development of tourism?
- I can give an example of solving the problem of providing the region with food. For a long time there were certain problems with this. Now in the agro-industrial sector, eight large projects worth more than 10 billion rubles are being realized. Thanks to the support that the government of the Kamchatka region has been providing to livestock and poultry industries in recent years, the region's needs for pork and poultry meat will be completely closed - both fresh and cooled meat is always on the shelves. There are two projects for cattle, while gaining strength. The problem for Kamchatka has always been to provide our own vegetables with closed soil. At this WEF we sign an agreement with the investor representing the Renova Group - the greenhouse complex Kamchatsky. The company is ready to begin construction of a year-round greenhouse complex on the Zelenovskie Ozerki site, the region will assume obligations on providing gas and preferential electricity tariffs. Taking into account this project, Kamchatka's demand for vegetables will be closed by 100%.
- We understand that the company has big plans for Kamchatka. This is the construction of the terminal building of Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky, and naturally, the initiators of the project want to provide tourists with quality food products. Another project of the group is the reconstruction of the recreation center with the thermal springs "Blue Lagoon". This is the way that we can only welcome - all the projects "Renova" "loop": the airport, tourist site, food production.
- The mining industry after the arrival of Tata Power last year on the Krutogorovsky coal deposit acquires a "second wind", or is this the only new significant project?
- The infrastructure needed to implement the project at the Krutogorovsky field is quite expensive. At the same time, several promising resource projects appeared in the same area. When the entrepreneurs realized that Tata Power was visiting the site, they suggested creating an infrastructure "for everyone." In this case, we will receive an impulse from the Baranievskoye gold deposit and the construction of a factory at the copper-nickel deposit Shanuch. At the last meeting, Vice-Premier Yury Trutnev raised this issue, there are no fundamental objections at the federal level. In total, in the development of mineral resources in Kamchatka, there are already five large projects with announced investments of more than 80 billion rubles. The project of the company "SIGMA" will be presented at the WEF.
- You listed the projects of large companies. Kamchatka small and medium-sized business somehow increases its contribution to the economy of the region?
- According to the provisions of the "new May decree" of President No.204, two national projects - "small business" and "export and cooperation" are attributed to the agency's powers. In the field of small business development, it is necessary to continue to create a support infrastructure. In the region there is already an enterprise support center, a guarantee fund, a micro-loan fund for business. This year we also created a cluster development center, which deals with three sectors - fish, tourism, agriculture. An export center has been created that works with tourism companies and projects on export of drinking water, and the center for innovative social entrepreneurship - this sphere has greatly accelerated its development in Kamchatka in recent years. All previous business support measures have been fully preserved, among them there are unique for Russia - subsidies for tourism, social entrepreneurship or environmental activities. New ones were also added, for example, grants for recipients of the "Far Eastern hectare". We understand that we need to work with the self-employed, and we set ourselves the task of creating another 12 thousand jobs, including through the "exit from the shadows" of the self-employed.
- With the development of exports, the task is more difficult, because Kamchatka exports mainly one type of product - bioresources?
- The situation is gradually changing. In July of this year, the Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky sea trading port began exporting drinking water together with the Chinese company COFCO Coca-Cola, this project will also be presented at the WEF. Now we are studying several new areas: wild plants, zeolites and export of services. The last for Kamchatka is not typical, but we understand that with the development of the Northern Sea Route it will be necessary to develop a whole range of services, for example, to dispose of household waste from passing ships. While we are just probing the soil, we are working on this project, since preserving our nature is the most important task. In addition, developing ship repair, the region is also, to some extent, oriented towards the export of this service in the future.
- What is the basic request of the businessman-investor to the regional authorities?
- Probably, first of all the land plot, ideally - provided with infrastructure, "clean" from a legal point of view, without encumbrances and problems. And, of course, stable "rules of the game."
- Are the modes of TOP and free port still the most profitable for investors?
- Of course, yes. At the same time, within the framework of a large-scale investment project, for example, it is easier to obtain land - within two months, but there the criteria for obtaining benefits are more serious - from 20 million rubles. investment. Go to the TOP, I recall, you can with the project from 500 thousand rubles. in the free port - from 5 million rubles. Whatever it was, preferential regimes are attractive for business, including small businesses. Residents with announced investments of 28 billion rubles have already entered into the TOP "Kamchatka", residents with investments of more than 7,2 billion rubles have already entered into the free port.
- Do not ask for help getting cheap loan financing?
- At the federal level, the SME Corporation is currently implementing several concessional programs to provide funds for investment projects specifically for the Far East - joint with banks and the Far East Development Fund. Stably working local companies, for example, fish, are fully capable of receiving funds at 5% per annum. Those who do not have a lien are eligible for loans under 10,5%, and there is collateral support from the "SME Corporation" and our guarantee fund. Now with funding is not as it was three years ago, rates for 20-25% are no longer there.
- Infrastructure in the form of industrial parks business of the peninsula is needed?
- We actively cooperate with the Ministry of Industry and Trade, including on the creation of industrial parks. One application is under consideration of the department - this is a industrial park "Dalniy", where on the site 170 ha are ready to accommodate small production. The energy infrastructure of the park will be built at the expense of the federal budget, intrasite networks - at the expense of the regional budget. This year we also plan to apply for the industrial park "Nagorny" at 19-km, there are ready to accommodate food industry enterprises. The private management company, CJSC Agrotek, the investor is ready to put things in order on the site, which is now used irrationally. In addition, we raise the issue that at the federal level there are no measures to support ship repair, while shipbuilding is supported. We have sent proposals on the development of a separate set of measures that stimulate ship repair.
- The last trend is the construction of social infrastructure. What objects declared for the financing of Kamchatka and why?
- The decision to grant the so-called "single subsidy" to social entities of the Far Eastern Federal District on social facilities in the centers of social and economic growth was made at the end of last year. Our selection criteria were simple - design and estimate documentation was developed and financing was started from the regional budget. We stated, firstly, the region's most important project for the construction of a regional hospital. The total cost of the project is 13 billion rubles, from the federal budget will be allocated about 4 billion rubles. We will go to the implementation of the project through a concession agreement. The financial model is ready, the draft agreement is being finalized. According to plans, before October 10, a tender for the selection of the concessionaire will be announced, so that until 31 March next year the agreement was concluded. For us, this is the only option to build a hospital as a single complex, not parts. The declared objects also included the Spartak stadium in the center of Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky and the equipment of the material and technical base of vocational schools.
- A universal, although sometimes controversial, indicator of the investment climate is the region's position in the national classification of investment climate. Kamchatka climbed to 36 positions - from 58 place to 32. Due to what, and then what?
- Pros for us are indicators by section, for example, "Construction", "Regional Investment Legislation". "Bottlenecks", which are yet to be "expanded" - "Telecommunications", that is, the cost of Internet and mobile communication services, "Cadastral works" - here we probably have the worst indicator in the country, and we work with federal structures to improve the situation. In general, the investment support system is built at a high level: there are all mechanisms for project support and development institutions.
What are your plans for the next year?
- Vladimir Ivanovich (Ilyukhin, Governor of the Kamchatka Territory.EastRussia) set the task - plus seven positions. Of the problems that will not be easy to solve - the construction of a business incubator, the availability of jobs in which - the criterion for classifying the region as group B - should be at least 200. Today we are considering different options.