This text is translated into Russian by google automatic human level neural machine.
EastRussia is not responsible for any mistakes in the translated text. Sorry for the inconvinience.
Please refer to the text in Russian as a source.
Primorye Oceanarium will host its first guests in June
Vadim Mikhailovich Serkov, Acting Director of Primorsky Oceanarium, Candidate of Biological Sciences. Serkov still an employee of the Institute of Marine Biology FEB RAS participated in the development of the concept and project of the Primorsky Oceanarium.
The initiative for its creation belongs to the President of Russia Vladimir Putin, who first discussed it in 2004 with the late director of the Institute of Marine Biology, Academician Vladimir Kasyanov. They say that the order to develop the Oceanarium project in Vladivostok was given by the President after a visit to Kazakhstan, where he learned that there, in the center of Eurasia, thousands of kilometers from the nearest sea is being built his own oceanarium. In 2006 three employees of the Institute, including Serkov, studied in detail the experience of 12 Japanese oceanariums. In 2009, three weeks passed an internship in the US, studying the experience of Georgia Aquarium in Atlanta and Monterey Bay Aquarium.
In the US and Japan, there are about 100 aquariums, or as they are called abroad - public aquariums. In Russia there are 7 operating oceanariums. In 2006 in St. Petersburg, the Oceanarium "Planet Neptune", its total volume of 1,5 thousand tons of water, was opened. In December 2009 year in Sochi began work "Sochi Discovery World", its total volume of about 5 thousand tons of water. In 2015 in Moscow, the largest at the moment, the oceanarium in Russia, "Moskvarium."
The Primorsky Oceanarium will be the largest "public aquarium" in Russia. The total volume of water in the Primorsky Oceanarium will be about 25 thousand tons, of which 11 thousand tons will be for aquariums with fish and invertebrates and about 14 thousand tons for swimming pools for marine mammals. The largest oceanarium in the world is in Atlanta (Georgia, USA). Its total volume is about 30 thousand tons.
The seaside aquarium is located on Russky Island, on the shores of Paris Bay and Akademika Kasyanova Street leads to it. An aquarium that has not yet been surrendered is protected as a space object.
- Vadim Mikhailovich, it has just been announced that the National Scientific Center for Marine Biology has been created, which includes the Institute of Marine Biology, the Primorsky Aquarium and the Far Eastern Marine Reserve. I would like to think that this association will not lead to a reduction in personnel and funding.
- The task of the center is to create new opportunities for conducting fundamental and applied research in the field of ocean studies. The association will allow to accumulate the efforts of scientists and other specialists and will provide a synergetic effect in the development of marine biology in our country. With the merger, staff reduction is not planned. Financing will not decrease. Moreover, it is supposed that funds will be allocated for the purchase of high-speed boats to the marine reserve, which will provide an opportunity to better guard the reserved water area. Our oceanarium is still not only an entertainment facility, we face serious challenges in science and education.
- Can you tell when it will be open to the public?
- We plan to open in early June. There, the Children's Day, and the Day of Russia. And it would be desirable, that it was a holiday not only for inhabitants of Vladivostok. This is an important facility for the whole region, it will, as a locomotive, accelerate the development of the tourist infrastructure in the region and attract tourists from neighboring countries.
- It will be just a rally with a ribbon cut? Maybe walrus tusk it will tear, or a whole big holiday?
- There is a script. Attracted companies that have experience in organizing such events, including those that participated in the preparation of the summit in Vladivostok in 2012 year.
- How many guests will be able to take the aquarium?
- According to the project - up to 2 million tourists per year.
- There are fewer inhabitants in Primorye now.
- The oceanarium is created for the future. For development. And this is the bar for several years ahead, provided that the tourist attraction of Vladivostok will develop. Attendance of large zoos and oceanariums in the world - from 1 to 3 million visitors per year. When the Monterey Bay Oceanarium in California was only being built, they counted on 600 thousand visitors per year. That's the figure and we are targeting. But they have California behind them .... Attendance of such objects in the first years usually goes on increasing, then it stabilizes and begins to decrease. Therefore, usually through
- Who can get to the opening? Only honorable guests and VIP-persons or ordinary citizens of Primorye? For example, will there be a preliminary sale of tickets?
- I hope that everyone will be able to get there. We will work on this mechanism together with the administration of the Primorsky Territory. At the initiative of the governor, an organizing committee has been created to prepare for the opening, and experts will help us determine how best to prepare this event. For residents of the city in May, we plan to conduct trial tours in order to test our readiness.
- It's like in the theater: there is a dress rehearsal, then surrender and running out to the public, and only then the premiere?
- Yes, to some extent. We plan to conduct these test tours for different population groups. For the elderly, for junior schoolchildren, for parents with children of different ages, for people with disabilities ... To understand whether we have foreseen everything that can be corrected. Similar excursions we held in September after the President's visit to the families of our employees, because they have never been there. And the first observations were taken into account: here and there they added a lifera, where elderly people said that it was difficult for them to go down. On the slopes around the body put a fence so that no one fell from steep slopes. We hope that the May public visits will also be very useful.
- What programs for visitors do you plan?
- There are many options for visiting the oceanarium. A person can simply buy a ticket and come for an individual walk, or maybe book an excursion. Educational programs will also be planned. We have a fairly large block of premises, where classes are provided for schoolchildren and students. It is possible to take a living object and place it under a microscope. For example, if you scoop sand from the beach and bring it wet, then under a microscope with the image displayed on a large screen you will see how rich and varied the living world is in this handful of sand. Experienced specialists will immediately tell you what kind of animals they are, what their life cycle is ... Some guides are full-time employees, but in the peak season additional people will be attracted on different conditions. It can be both specialists and volunteers. We hope that we will be greatly helped by students who need to come to practice. Students from Dalrybvtuz, FEFU, Ussuri agricultural academy already come to practice ... In addition to general sightseeing tours, more in-depth, thematic ones have been developed. After all, even the passage through the oceanarium takes a leisurely step more than an hour, and this is not counting the park around. And if you stop near each aquarium and consider its inhabitants, then this hour can be held only in one exposition and you still will not seem enough ....
In addition to various excursions, we plan special programs. For example, the "night in the museum" became popular, and here you can hold a "night in the aquarium".
- I hope not with a pipe and a mask?
- No, of course, the night is near the aquarium ... Often, friends or schoolchildren of one class get tickets to such events. They come in the evening after closing, they have a tour for them, they show a popular science film, they feed them dinner and they go to bed ... People come with their sleeping bags and pillows. They are placed in front of a large glass, behind which fish float, the lights slowly go out ... In the morning they wake up, they are fed with breakfast and escorted.
"What other ideas?"
- Those that are tested in the world. For example, an excursion, let's call it a "tour behind the scenes" to show how the oceanarium functions, because the life-support system of our inhabitants takes up to half of the total area.The oceanarium is to some extent a fish farm, only more complex, because at the fishery plant it is usually grown Monoculture - sturgeon, trout, and here a huge number of species, each of which requires its own conditions, therefore, each system is designed and created its own systems .The engineering service is very big and very important.
In addition, various corporate events can be held in the aquarium. Watch the performance of the dolphins and go to the buffet tables. And for wedding ceremonies - we have a beautiful pavilion with a good view of the Ussuri Bay. Everywhere in the world it's all popular. For children - its own cafe and two large areas with attractions.
"But there are only three months left." And the expositions are still empty, it seems to me that it will be extremely difficult for you to make it. There are already water in the aquariums, but there are only goldfish there. Do you have time to enter all the expositions?
- The most important thing is that all life-support engineering systems are ready. Goldfish are part of the testing process, they are necessary for the maturation of microorganisms in biofilters.
Contracts for the supply of fish are concluded and these supplies will begin in the near future. It will be several batches that will first pass quarantine in the scientific and adaptation building, and if everything is normal, they will be transferred to the basins of the main building. Our task is not to bring any infection into new pools. Although the world uses different schemes, for example, the "Georgia Aquarium" was populated very quickly, without prior quarantine, and they brought into exposition pools parasites, which are now constantly fighting. We would like to avoid this fight in the future.
- With whom do you cooperate?
- Oceanariums are a rather narrow professional field of activity, and all specialists know each other, exchange information, animals. We have good contacts with Japanese and American colleagues and we are very grateful for their advice. They have come a long way, and we are only at the beginning.
- You will get some of the animals from colleagues, but where can you get wild fish from coral reefs?
- In the oceanariums go not only for the exotic. There are necessarily expositions representing the inhabitants of their local waters. For us, these are salmon, navaga, pollock, crabs and other native species. Salmon is an interesting object, about which a lot of things can be told interesting and informative. We have two large exhibits devoted to local species. One is called the Amur River and Lake Khanka. These are freshwater inhabitants. The other is the “Far Eastern Seas of Russia”, these are fishes of the Japan, Okhotsk, Bering seas, squids, octopuses, sea cucumbers, crabs, etc. We can catch or collect these animals with the help of fishermen. We have already debugged such cooperation, the fishermen give us the most interesting fish that they come across. In the Gulf of Peter the Great in the late summer comes a lot of tropical migrants. This is a fairly large group of fish: garfish, or saber fish, tuna, glanedra, fugu fish, triggerfish ...
"What will be here?"
- Very interesting exposition "Tropical rain forest". Plants, and between them aquariums. Those few visitors who saw her were very impressed. It is a mix of living and artificial plants, it is almost impossible to distinguish models, they are made with exceptional accuracy. We got this idea from the Japanese aquarium Aquamarine Fokushima, located in the prefecture where in 2011 there was a strong earthquake and tsunami. By the way the aquarium stood, although it is on the beach, and the tsunami covered it. The oceanarium was quickly restored.
- Interestingly, it turned out to be stronger than the defenses of the nuclear power plant ...
- When we saw this exposition with the rainforest we really wanted Vladivostok residents to feel themselves in the tropics in the winter, when we are cold and gray, to plunge into the atmosphere of the jungle, because not everyone can go to New Year's holidays in Malaysia or Thailand.
There are expositions dedicated to Lake Bakal, the Arctic and the Antarctic, there is a grandiose exposition called the "Ocean Abyss". A large swimming pool with large ocean fish, sharks. And the tunnel that goes to this exposition, and behind the glass - the fish of coral reefs. In the tunnel, a stepless moving track is a trawl. It is not needed so that people are not tired. And in order to "endure visitors" and not create a "traffic jam".
- The oceanarium without the dolphinarium is nothing. He collects a maximum of the audience, emotions. I saw a huge swimming pool, I also saw open areas in the bay, where the belugas are now kept. Will they be the main actors?
- Let me disagree with you. In the world there are many oceanariums where there is no dolphin circus. I will give just one example. In Japan, on the island of Hokkaido, there is an oceanarium on a small river, which contains only local fish species. But the Japanese go there twice a year from the southern islands to watch the salmon spawn for the fall, and the course of the spring in the spring. From the underwater gallery into the river look out the oceanarium windows. People can sit on a bench and watch the fascinating spectacle of spawning fish.
And now about the dolphins. The most important there are trainers and veterinarians. We train the trainers ourselves. Our now deceased head coach - Yury Yuryevich Kravchenko, set the bar high in training specialists. We are preparing a demonstration program and we hope that we will succeed. The audience will see the white whales, I hope that both dolphins and pinnipeds.
- And the last question. You have a character character, walrus, who has already congratulated the Primorsky people on the New Year, who else can become a symbol of the oceanarium? Maybe a sea otter, maybe, a perch-aukha?
- Belukha. It is a friendly, intelligent animal that lives in the seas of Russia.
The cost of the project for the construction of the Primorsky Oceanarium on the conclusion of the State Expertise - 15,5 billion rubles.
As reported by the media, Primorsky Oceanarium began to build with 2005 on behalf of the Russian President Vladimir Putin. Its construction led the management of the affairs of the president (UDP) at the expense of the charitable foundation "Konstantinovsky".
The initial value of the oceanarium was estimated at 233,6 million dollars (about 8 billion rubles). But the transfer of the oceanarium to the island, the inclusion of the required number of necessary facilities, clarification of the parameters of the construction increased the initial cost by more than two times. Now the cost of the whole complex with equipment and hydrobionts according to the conclusion of the GGE is about 19,5 billion rubles.
Design and construction led consortium as part of the Taiwanese company Huang Green Country Industrial, general designer "Primorgrazhdanproekt", general contractor LLC "Kassandra". At the beginning of 2010, a problem situation developed at the site - in five years the project was not developed. The Taiwanese company announced the withdrawal from the project, and the general contractor did the work only preparatory period.
According to the project, the aquarium in Vladivostok on Russky Island should be built with an area of 37, 765 thousand square meters, including a dolphinarium - an area of 14 490 square. m., water volume 14 100 cube. m., It will include 169 aquariums and tanks with a volume of water 9 450 cubic meters. on 15 thousands of invertebrate animals, fish and birds.
Oceanarium "The Planet of Neptune", St. Petersburg: an area of 5 thousand square meters. M., The volume of water in the aquariums 1 500 cubic meters, the cost of construction 16 million dollars Sochi Discovery World, Sochi: area 7.5 thousand square meters. m., water volume 5 thousand cubic meters. M., The cost of 25 million dollars Oceanarium in the shopping and entertainment center RIO, Moscow: an area of 2.5 thousand square meters of water 1 100 cu. m., the cost of 18 million dollars Oceanarium in the shopping and entertainment center City Park Grad, Voronezh: 4, 450 thousand square meters. m., the volume of water 1 070 cu. m., the cost of 22 million dollars