This text is translated into Russian by google automatic human level neural machine.
EastRussia is not responsible for any mistakes in the translated text. Sorry for the inconvinience.
Please refer to the text in Russian as a source.
With the launch of Amethyst gold mining will double
Vasily Prijdun Minister of Natural Resources and Ecology of Kamchatka Krai
- Vasily Ivanovich, what are the current prospects for the development of the mining industry in Kamchatka?
- There are several ore mining and processing enterprises operating in Kamchatka today: Aginskoye GOK, Asachinskiy GOK. Gradually, the amount of gold mining increases on the peninsula. If in 2013 we managed to produce 2,47 tons of gold, then for 8 months of this year we have already crossed this bar, we plan to reach 2,8 tons by the end of the year. In the near future in the north of the Kamchatka Territory Amethyst ore will be launched. It is planned that in the first year of operation it will be able to produce about 3-4 tons of gold per year. A stock of gold ore in the warehouses of ZAO Ametistovoe has already been formed, and as soon as the factory is launched, the work there will begin at full capacity. In addition, an investment project has been developed to start developing small deposits that are located next to Ametistov. However, in order to carry out geological exploration, road construction will be required.
- Except the roads, what else hinders the development of the mining industry in Kamchatka?
- What support from the state can investors expect to support projects in the peninsula?
- We have prepared a draft law that provides tax incentives for property for mining companies. This will enable enterprises to spend the released money for geological exploration, which will increase the resource base.
- A promising direction of development of the mineral and raw materials complex on the peninsula is also coal mining. Here, how are things going?
- The reserves of coal in Kamchatka are more than 250 million tons. And these are only those that we know about today. If you make additional geological exploration, you can find as many more. For example, large deposits of coal are concentrated in the Krutogorovsky deposit. However, it is located in remote areas. If there is an investor ready to take on this project, we will be able to supply coal even outside the Kamchatka region.