This text is translated into Russian by google automatic human level neural machine.
EastRussia is not responsible for any mistakes in the translated text. Sorry for the inconvinience.
Please refer to the text in Russian as a source.
Specialization of the terminal improves the quality of stevedore services
Anatoly Lazarev on the development of the stevedoring business of the Far East
At the session of the Eastern Economic Forum devoted to the development of the port industry of the Russian Federation, Anatoly Lazarev, Managing Director of Vostochny Port JSC, presented the investment project for the construction of the Third stage - a new specialized Coal Terminal in the Vostochny port in the Wrangel Bay (Nakhodka urban district, Primorsky Krai) to the business community Russia and the Asia-Pacific countries.
He spoke about the work of one of Russia's largest stevedores, the company Vostochny Port Port, which sets the pace of development for all ports of the Far East and the construction of the Third Line, a new specialized Coal Terminal at Vostochny, in an interview with the information and analytical agency East Russia
- The beginning of construction of the future third stage of a specialized coal complex was laid in November of the year 2012. The project involves the creation of four warehouses with a total capacity of up to 800 thousand tons of cargo, a system of conveyor equipment with a station for unloading wagons, as well as a complex of equipment for processing coal products in the winter, which has no analogues in Russia. Commissioning of the launch complex, designed for a design capacity of up to 10 million tons of coal per year, is planned in 2017. Subsequently, the new terminal will surpass the existing coal complex of our company in performance. According to preliminary estimates, after the completion of the full-scale version of the Third Stage construction, the total throughput of the joint-stock company Vostochny Port will increase to 2019 million tons of coal per year from 39 year onwards.
The total cost of the project is about 20 billion rubles, it is the company's own funds. Currently, the investment project has been implemented for more than 50%, project documents have been developed, all necessary permits have been obtained, including environmental and Glavgosexpertiza.
- How interesting is your company for state participation in project implementation? Are you considering the possibility of cooperation in the framework of public-private partnership?
- We are interested in the state participation in the creation of an external railway park. There is a federal project "Development of a transport hub" Vostochny - Nakhodka ".
We made a proposal to state agencies to participate in the implementation of the project of the third stage. Construction and reconstruction of the railway infrastructure at the expense of federal funds will help not only for Vostochny Port, but also for other local stevedoring companies. In addition, the third phase of the specialized coal complex is not only an investment, but also a socially significant project for the entire region: it creates new jobs, increases tax payments to the state’s treasury.
Realization of our investment project will create in Primorye up to four hundred and fifty new workplaces and increase the volume of tax deductions to the budget of the Russian Federation to 2 billion rubles. in year,
After completion of the full-scale construction option, the capacity of JSC “Vostochny Port” will increase to 2020 by the year to 39 million tons of coal per year.
- What awaits the market for stevedoring services in the near future?
- Gone are the days when on a slightly equipped quay it was enough to put a crane - and you can call yourself a stevedore. Now, to unload coal from the car and load it onto the ship is not enough. Competitive stevedore today is one that offers additional services for storing, cleaning cargo, bringing coal to the contracted fraction and, if necessary, bringing it into a loose state (this concerns the frozen cargo in winter). Today, everything is aimed at specialization. First, the cost of work on specialized terminals, designed to work with a certain type of cargo, is lower than on universal complexes. Secondly, specialization is the ability to provide additional services and improve the quality of cargo. Enterprises that meet these requirements will grow in the near future. For example, the "Eastern portport" is now updating its port fleet: we bought new tugs that can work in difficult weather conditions. Thus, the shipowner does not lose time with increased wind loads during idle time in the roadstead. In parallel, we are creating our own pilotage service, which will also allow us to accelerate our work with the fleet.
I do not doubt the demand for the implementation of our investment project presented at the forum. The launch of the Third stage will be a significant contribution to the increase in trade with the countries of the Asia-Pacific region.
What are the results of the Eastern Economic Forum for the Eastern Port?
"Presenting the project of construction of the third stage of the coal loading complex at the forum, we are certainly interested in the development of the transport hub" Vostochny - Nakhodka "and will be happy if there are people willing to invest in the projects of our main partner - JSC Russian Railways. The forum itself is a kind of indicator of the authorities' direction to give investors of any scale the opportunity to enter the territory and work with the resource that is, use it at 100%.
In addition, WEF signed agreements with OAO UK Kuzbassrazrezugol, which is part of UMMC and with JSC SUEK, on cooperation and cooperation in the field of coal transshipment and transportation, improvement of cargo handling technology, transportation and information exchange. In the 2016 year, Kuzbassrazrezugol plans to transport 12 million tons of hard coal through the Eastern Port, and by the year 2020 it will increase this volume to 15 million tons.
What's more important, in the framework of the WEF, we signed a memorandum with the Marubeni Corporation (Japan) on the supply of two ship loading machines, just for the third stage of the coal complex under construction.
Such venues as the WEF give entrepreneurs the opportunity to communicate their business projects to the public. Residents of Primorye know the features of the region, they know its specifics, and are able to use local resources. What awaits Primorye after the WEF depends on whether we, Primorye, can properly present our ideas.
EASTERN PORT JSC is the LARGEST STEVIDOR COMPANY of RUSSIA, SPECIALIZED ON TRANSFER OF STONE COAL. IN THE STRUCTURE OF THE ENTERPRISE INCLUDES TWO PRODUCTION INDUSTRIAL LOADING COMPLEX. FIRST - THE ONLY IN THE PRIMORSKY KRAI SPECIALIZED COAL COMPLEX WITH A SYSTEM OF CONVEYOR EQUIPMENT AND THE CARGO UNLOADING STATION. AUTOMATION LEVEL REACHES 98,9%. TRANSFER POWER - 14,2 MILLION TONS PER YEAR. THE SECOND - A UNIVERSAL MANUFACTURING OVERLOADING COMPLEX SPECIALIZING ON THE GRAPHIC COAL TRANSFER. HIS POWER IS 3 MILLION TONS PER YEAR. MAIN CARGO - STONE COAL EXTRACTED IN KUZBASS. IN 2014, YEAR EXPORT COAL MADE 98% FROM TOTAL TRAFFIC OF A STEVIDOR COMPANY, LESS THAN 2% WERE CABLE COAL.
According to the results of work in Vostochny Port in 2014, the annual turnover of 21,84 mln. Tons (this is about 19% of the turnover of all coal ports in Russia) again became the largest coal terminal in Russia for transshipment of coal products.
The third stage of the coal complex of JSC "Vostochny Port" is a mirror image of the existing specialized production and transshipment complex Ugolny.
On a plot of almost 54 hectare, taking into account the artificial land plot, all necessary railway infrastructure will be created from scratch. There will also be four warehouses, equipped with two stackers and four reclaimers. The total area of one-time storage is about 800 thousand tons of cargo. As well as on the current complex, there are car-breaking machines for simultaneous warm-up of 80 gondola cars, a system of conveyor equipment and two tandem car dumpers of the rotary type. At the deep-water berth, designed to receive ships of deadweight of 180 thousand tons, two powerful ship loading machines will be installed.
According to the results of 2014, Vostochny Port JSC was recognized as the “Best Stevedoring Company of Russia” and “Company of the Year” in Primorye. The company is one of the largest taxpayers in the region and is included in the register of socially responsible companies of Primorsky Krai. The number of employees is 1700 people, with the introduction of the Third Stage of the Coal Complex, the total number of personnel will exceed 2000 people.
The sole executive body of Vostochny Port JSC is OOO Managing Port Company.