This text is translated into Russian by google automatic human level neural machine.
EastRussia is not responsible for any mistakes in the translated text. Sorry for the inconvinience.
Please refer to the text in Russian as a source.
Minister for Open Government Affairs Mikhail Abyzov answered questions from EastRussia
18 February, the Krasnoyarsk Economic Forum began. The Russian Minister for Open Government Affairs Mikhail Abyzov told the "ER" correspondent about the topics to be discussed at the event's venues, on issues on which the most heated discussion is possible, and on the budget and support of industries in 2016.
- Work on the Strategy-2030 began in July last year. Following the results of one of the meetings with the members of the Expert Council under the Government, Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev instructed to develop proposals on the structure and main directions of the document. The scientific teams of leading Russian expert centers have joined the process. But in addition to the participation of the expert community, deep involvement of political and bureaucratic elites is also necessary. It is important not to admit the mistakes that accompanied the development of strategic documents of the past. Indeed, the adoption and implementation of the "Strategy-2020" was hampered precisely by the fact that the management elites did not participate in its development. By and large, Russia has no experience of implementing social and economic development strategies at all. Partially successful is the program of socio-economic development of the Russian Federation for the period
- Do you already have theses of the concept of this document, can you voice them?
The Expert Council under the Government proposed the Chairman of the Government to form a new Strategy consisting of three modules. The first is visionary. Its task is to shape the image and target state of the main state, economic and public institutions in the horizon of the year 2030. This also includes the tasks of forming an effective economic structure and an attractive and competitive environment for the development of human capital. Plus the task of ensuring a high level of public security, both personal security, and the security of society and the security of the state as a whole.
The second module of strategy - operational - is a detailed action plan for solving tactical tasks, broken down by years -
The third module of the strategy should include a kind of dashboard of target indicators and performance indicators that would correspond to the basic settings and goal setting for the period up to 2030. This is a vector of development in the main branches. Such a dashboard allows for timely monitoring and reconciliation of decisions and results achieved for compliance with the chosen vector.
- How important is the third module?
- In the rapidly changing international economic environment, volatility of commodity and currency markets, the government has to make decisions not only tactical and strategic, but also a large number of operational anti-crisis solutions. And it is important that in making these decisions we do not radically deviate from the general vectors of development. And any deviations would be assessed in terms of long-term consequences. Therefore, such a dashboard is an important compass not only in the implementation of tactical and medium-term tasks, but also in making operational everyday decisions.
- As you said at the press conference that preceded the Krasnoyarsk forum, in the expert community, among the ministries and departments, there were quite serious differences in points of view on different aspects of this Strategy. What are these differences?
- First, I remind you that the strategy is developed in accordance with the law on strategic planning, and in turn is the basis for subsequent sectoral strategies. And here the first question to be answered is whether it is possible to create a long-term development strategy for the country for the period of 15 years, focusing only on the accomplishment of the tasks of the executive branch. The expert community claims that there is not, therefore, it should not be about forming a strategy for the government, but about forming a strategy for the state, including all its institutions.
But this will require a completely different scale of work. We need to understand the level of development of civil society in this period, the architecture of political institutions, the state of the judicial and law enforcement system, and ensure their compatibility and harmonious development both in terms of the format of common goals and objectives, ideology, if you want, and in terms of resource support At the expense of the state.
- What are some more discussion points?
- In a difficult economic situation, of course, there are resource forks. For example, is it worth while building a strategy to rely solely on the resources of the budget system, or should we talk about the global resources of the state, including attracting private capital?
When discussing these issues, we often have a rather narrow idea: there is a federal budget, and on its basis it is necessary to reform state institutions and develop industry. But then we will always be in a situation where the strategy will be built solely at the expense of the state. And it should be built, first of all, due to the rich potential of human capital, and secondly, through the use of private initiative and private capital. Then it will be a truly holistic development strategy that will take into account the interests of the state, business and every person.
- How much will it be possible, within the 2016 forum, to return to the tasks that were discussed at the forum in 2015? In particular, the strategy of turning to the east? And if such a topic is touched upon in the discussion, then will you, in your opinion, already hear some results of work in this direction?
- I do not think that Russia has adopted a strategy of turning east. This is a good topic for discussion within the forum, but in fact, Russia's development will never be one-sided. We have a big country, and we will develop both in the west and east, and in the northern and southern regions. But taking into account the growth of demand and economic development in the countries of the Asia-Pacific region, for us the eastern vector of development will be one of the priority.
For Russia it is a window of opportunity to take its rightful place in this growing market. We will also develop the state infrastructure for this, which will allow us to supply our products, goods and raw materials to these markets. We will develop the trade infrastructure, creating profitable partner trade bilateral and multilateral relationships. In this part, of course, the role and place of our Eastern partnership in the Development Strategy of Russia until the year 2030 will be one of the priority.
- To what extent is the 2016 year budget investment and development oriented? Can Russian companies use the eastern markets as lending markets? How much of their resources can we be in demand?
- I can say that the budget of 2016 is tough but responsible. In a number of areas, we had to significantly optimize costs, but at the same time, strategic investment projects in this budget have been preserved. We will continue to implement the tasks related to the development of advanced development areas, we will not abandon the project of reconstruction of BAM and Transsib. We will continue to invest money in the development of the energy complex, in this part the budget priorities for investments related to the development of eastern economic relations will also be preserved. This will be a good signal for investors and for our eastern partners.
As for lending, our companies are already actively borrowing funds in the Asian markets. Another issue is the attraction of East Asian capital and direct investments in our state projects. I can not say that there have been global changes over the past year, but the volume of borrowing in these markets has increased, and we have seriously intensified the work of our public and private companies in this direction.
- Regarding development and support - which industries in the 2016 year will be supported by the state in the first place?
- As before, the machine-building complex, which in turn ensures the development of the high-tech sector as such, will remain a priority industry for government support. We will also continue to support agriculture in terms of the development of import substitution and production with a greater opportunity to export both grain and its processed products. Here it is necessary to go into the production of goods with high added value and other areas of agro-industrial exports.
And of course the automotive industry, this year we will implement a large-scale program to support the domestic auto industry.
- Do you have to give up any serious projects?
- For a number of projects we will have to make a decision to extend the deadlines for their implementation, but we are not going to completely abandon projects.
- The theme of one of the round tables of the forum was “Russia and Asia: the potential for cooperation in non-primary sectors”. In your opinion, in which industries is it possible and in which areas is it already going?
- First, it is worth noting agriculture. For us, this is a global market. We have a good potential, a large territory, good climatic conditions.
The second is the sphere of Internet commerce and Internet services. In this direction, Asian markets are developing at a fantastic pace, I hope that our cooperation here will be beneficial to us and our partners.
The third is the development of a large infrastructure hub based on the port of Vladivostok, not only for the transit of Asian cargoes, but also for the possibility of their processing there.
There are also a number of energy projects in the field of hydrocarbon raw materials trade and processing, in the electric power industry, these directions will also develop.
- Will the forum discuss anti-crisis measures that the government will implement this year?
- This is not quite a forum topic, but certainly will be partially. The development of the Strategy-2030 can not be divorced from the current economic agenda, including in describing the trajectory of sustainable economic growth.
- A round table on the topic of media is also announced in the forum program. From your point of view, what is the role of the media today? How does the Open Government system interact with the media community, what would you like to change or add to this interaction?
"The main task for the Open Government in interaction with the media is the qualitative interaction of journalists with our ministries and departments, because an open government is the work of ministries and departments in an open and understandable for society mode. Ultimately, the quality and completeness of information about the goals, tasks and results of the activities of individual ministries and departments and the government as a whole depends on the level of cooperation between state bodies and the media community.
On the other hand, the mass media are the most powerful source of feedback, on the basis of which the smart executive must draw conclusions and make timely decisions.
What is missing? I want everyone to be professionals in their field - doctors, teachers, journalists. This is a general wish. In modern journalists, I often lack the depth and detailed knowledge of the issues.
- What do you personally expect from the Krasnoyarsk Economic Forum?
- First of all, I would like to see experts, business and government find answers to the discussion questions. There is not much time left to develop a strategy, so now it is necessary to approve the architecture of Strategy-2030 and its main constituent parts. And to proceed to discussing issues of sectoral planning already. The forum this year promises to be representative from the point of view of the level of participants. I hope that those round tables that are scheduled will allow this task to be resolved.
On the other hand, the Krasnoyarsk forum has taken its place in international economic events, attracts many of our international partners. It is important that on the forum site our economic and business contacts continue, agreements are negotiated and concluded, cooperation with international investors develops. Also at the Krasnoyarsk forum, the governor's corps is actively represented, and for government members it is a good opportunity in an informal atmosphere, considering the difficult situation in the economy, to discuss the main critical points with regional leaders, to compare the hours, outlining the plan for joint actions.