This text is translated into Russian by google automatic human level neural machine.
EastRussia is not responsible for any mistakes in the translated text. Sorry for the inconvinience.
Please refer to the text in Russian as a source.
"We do not have to miss engineers"
Chief Engineer of the Far Eastern Railway Sergey Ryabov - on technology, youth and motivation
The Far Eastern Railway is a highway passing through the territory of just six subjects of the Far East, the main transport artery for millions of tons of cargo, which is serviced by more than 55 thousand employees. During the All-Russian Congress of Engineers, which was held in Komsomolsk-on-Amur on 5-6 September, EastRussia asked the chief engineer of the road Sergei Ryabov where engineers from the largest enterprise of the region appeared, how they were prepared and what motivated them to choose technical specialties
"We have assembled almost all types of equipment that only exist in the world - from several types of rolling stock to what is now being done by the" digital economy "- data transmission and control systems. Of course, all these are complex systems. Everywhere we need an engineering building. An engineer is the person who "makes the weather" in any enterprise. It is aimed at development, stable operation, seeking answers to the "challenges" faced by rail transport. On the road more than 16 thousand people with higher education.
- Probably, in general, most engineers in the Far East - do you?
- If you evaluate all sectors of the economy and social sphere, then, probably, yes. Railway transport is a high-tech production. Naturally, it should be serviced by technologically trained people.
"Where do the engineers come from?"
- We pay great attention to encouraging young people to choose the railway profession. It starts with a kindergarten - we have departmental kindergartens, where the children of railway workers are told and show how their parents work. At the major nodes of the road there are our boarding schools, where children from remote villages study, in ordinary schools we are engaged in vocational guidance in agreement with the heads of municipalities. There is a "guidebook of the entrant", where the information on the Far Eastern Railway, its achievements, history, the opportunity to work here, the rules for enrolling in railway specialties, the benefits of targeted training and benefits for young specialists are comprehensively presented. We think this is important.
- Targeted set is now a rarity for the enterprises. What is its scale on the Far Eastern Railway?
- Now we carry out targeted training of schoolchildren, contracts have already been concluded for 236 specialists. This year we open a lyceum on the basis of the Baikal-Amur Railway Transport Institute, from 1 September, there will be recruited 25 pupils - graduates of 2018-2019. We use elective classes, we reserve places for "target students" at the Far Eastern University of Communications.
- Does it remain the base for you?
- The University in general is the flagship of training specialists in more than 30 specialties in the transport sector - not only for railway, but for other types of transport, in particular, for aviation.
- How many students take the road to practice?
- Last year they took 857, this is a double annual graduation of students.
- Do they all get practical skills?
- Practice - production. 284 student in the practice of receiving a salary.
- Do you think that the railwaymen managed to create a system of continuous training? Really has the effect that from kindergartens begin to show work on the road?
- Oh sure. We conducted the analysis and see that those children who go to our kindergartens, as a rule, study well in specialized technical schools and lyceum, receive decent training at the university.
- What is the result for the railway? Do you have young cadres?
- Over the past 10 years, the share of young specialists in the Far Eastern Railway has increased from 20% to 40%. Almost half of the railway staff is young people under the age of 35 years. This is also encouraging, and inspires confidence that we are on the right track.
- Do these people continue to study after graduating from higher education?
- At 2018 year, the program of training and professional development for the Far Eastern Railway will cover more than 19,2 thousand people. Of course, this is a huge amount. More than 8 thousand of them are managers.
- Is there a need to attract high-quality specialists from other regions?
- Yes, every year we take work from other regions, not only graduates, but also young specialists. Given that the Khabarovsk Territory is more developed and has a greater population density than other regions of the Far East - as a rule, they travel from the nearest regions and regions, beginning from Buryatia.
- Are they graduates of other universities, not just the basic university?
- We need not only transport specialists, but also doctors, programmers, organizers and so on. We have specialists who graduated from the North Caucasian University, the Siberian State Transport University.
- What is the main motivation for working as an engineer on the railway now? Good salaries, stability?
- Today the railway is a dynamic production, a company that provides a full opportunity to develop. We have new locomotives, new equipment, new technologies every year, we do not have to be bored. The average salary that is paid to our employees is quite high. For example, in the Jewish Autonomous Region, we have the first place in the average salary among all industries. In the Khabarovsk Territory - on the second or third place, depending on the area, in the Amur region - about the same. Our employees are fully provided with all social benefits, we have a collective agreement, our own pension system.
- So there is probably no deficit, are they standing in line?
- There is a deficit. There is a competition, and a deficit. The latter is where the road passes through uninhabited places where there are no settlements, and there is only a road. FAR is almost 12,5 thousand kilometers. There, where some railwaymen - there is a deficit. On the other hand, where there is a railway - there is always life, you look at the map, all villages, especially at the BAM, are located in the railway zone.
- How do you identify and encourage the best?
- The engineering corps, as a rule, works in the rationalization activity, raises not only labor productivity, but also improves the operation of devices, technology. Last year we received 21 million rubles of economic benefit from the rationalization work. We actively participate in the industry competition of inventions, in the All-Russian competition "Engineer of the Year". As a rule, it raises attention to the problems of engineering personnel, to an increase in professionalism, the spread of better experience. Such competitions make a significant contribution.
- What is more important - holding such competitions of professional skills or events, like the congress of engineers?
- Both forms are important. At events such as the congress, we ourselves evaluate where and in what direction we are moving. We adopt the experience that exists in other fields of engineering activity, we see how the industry as a whole, technology develops. The competitions that we hold inside are an assessment of the degree of training of our personnel. But, for example, the first place in the development of industry is now the theme of ecology. If we analyze the situation only in ourselves - it will be, frankly speaking, rather poor. Participation in forums on an environmental theme is another matter.