Notice: curl_setopt(): CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST no longer accepts the value 1, value 2 will be used instead in /home/admin/web/eastrussia.ru/public_html/gtranslate/gtranslate.php on line 101 Novelties of Uralvagonzavod have not yet reached the BAM and Transsib - EastRussia | Interview
This text is translated into Russian by google automatic human level neural machine.
EastRussia is not responsible for any mistakes in the translated text. Sorry for the inconvinience.
Please refer to the text in Russian as a source.
Wagon and a small tank
Novelties of Uralvagonzavod have not yet reached the Far East
Photo: the press service of the UVZ
In the context of an active discussion of the prospects for BAM and Transsib, an EastRussia correspondent decided to understand how things are going in the Far East with new cars, after talking with Mikhail Boyko - Head of the Department of Product Promotion Division of Railway Technology JSC "Scientific-Production Corporation" Uralvagonzavod "named after F.E. Dzerzhinsky ".
- Tell us, what is the demand for Uralvagonzavod wagons today in the Far East?
- The cars of our plant in this region are actively used today. And often the cargo transported through the territory of the Far East, has at the same time a shipper not from this region. A striking example is coal exported from Kemerovo to the ports of the Far East. The same situation with our tanks.
- You have brought unique wagons made of fiberglass to the Russian market. And these go to the Far East?
- No, for the present these cars do not run on its territory. The same as tank containers. In the Far East, only metal wagons and UVZ tanks are present at present.
- While they were building the ESPO, for several years the oil from Skovordino to Kozmino was driven in tanks. How is the situation now?
- The tank in the Far East has become much smaller - the pipelines have fully earned. If earlier on the direction of Eastern Siberia - the Pacific, about 10 of thousands of tanks were involved, now, of course, there are much fewer of them.
- One of the problematic aspects for the fishing industry in the Far East is the lack of a sufficient number of refrigerated wagons. Now there is no such car in the UVZ line, but a couple of years ago you talked about the intention to launch such production. What's with this idea?
- Unfortunately, this project is not being implemented yet. Because for him, the project is very expensive, the company now has no funds. However, next year the company will try to return to it.
- What are the leading technologies in the world today in the field of transportation of perishable goods?
- This is reefer containers. It is containers, not wagons. Since they are the most reliable way to transport perishable goods.
- If we talk in general about shipments via BAM and Transsib - is your forecast, they are waiting for stability or growth?
- In my opinion, transportation to the East, in particular through the Russian Far East, will increase. In turn, because with both the countries of Northeast Asia and Southeast Russia’s interaction will only intensify. At the same time, devaluation also creates additional opportunities for export. As for the growth of rail transport to the East in the future, it will be so because many export-oriented Russian companies transport their cargoes in no other way than in the same way, by rail.
- If we are talking about increasing supplies to the East, do you plan to deliver your cars to the countries of Northeast Asia? After they began to supply their cars to Iran.
“We have no plans for Northeast Asia.” Because from the point of view of car-building products, this is a highly self-sufficient region. And not only her - in general, railway technology. Here the matter is different - it would be good if the countries of Northeast Asia did not interfere with us in other markets. This is the best that today we can expect from this region.
- Do we have foreign-made cars on the railways? Has China tried to enter this market?
- No, there are no foreign cars on our Russian railways. Owing to our tough barrage measures, technical barriers and restrictive tariff measures. China tried to penetrate with our cars to us, but so far these attempts have not been crowned with success. Its products are present in Russia only among containers - land, tank containers, and also refrigerated ones. And among them she dominates.
- With your prospects in the Far East is understandable. And what do you think about the new car production in its territory?
- I am skeptical about the new car building in the Far East. The existing capacities in Russia are sufficient, including for the Far East. And, both for domestic demand, and for exports. Therefore, the production of new car production in the Far East will not be in demand at all. Accordingly, the creation of such plants is an extremely risky investment.