This text is translated into Russian by google automatic human level neural machine.
EastRussia is not responsible for any mistakes in the translated text. Sorry for the inconvinience.
Please refer to the text in Russian as a source.
Yuri Trutnev: the Far East needs to be integrated
Deputy Chairman of the Government of the Russian Federation, Plenipotentiary Representative of the President of Russia in the Far Eastern Federal District, about the emphasis the state places on the development of its eastern territories
- Yuri Petrovich, one of the main aspects of the new state policy in the development of the Far East was the emphasis on attracting private capital to the region. Working?
“What we started with is not an accident.” In order to be able to tackle the social and other burning problems of people, in order to invest in social programs, they must first be earned. And when we earn them, then we will have other opportunities. We are now all throwing it at that. And the most important indicator is that we have 12 rubles of private investment for one budget ruble. This is the most efficient use of budget funds when we put 1 ruble, and 12 rubles were brought to us by investors. Because without this multiplier, we will not win, only by budget means it is impossible to develop the vast territory of the Far East.
- How do you assess the work on the ground? Foreigners complain that they are not always clear about the TOR regime, but officials can not explain it.
- From the very beginning, as we are tasked with, we did not work within the framework of the existing customary procedures. Because if they did, we would have to apologize to the president and the people today, bow to the belt and say that we did not do anything. We immediately proceeded from the fact that we need to create a new strategy, new tools and new work practices. We hope that we will immediately turn everyone into our belief that every official throughout the Far East suddenly suddenly ceases to live as he lived before and will start working exclusively on business, on the development of the economy and the country, it would be strange.
Every official who meets a person with questions about TOP should think not about who and where to send. He should think about how beneficial for the country, how to make sure that the investor does not turn around and go back. Gradually, we turn them into our faith. Governors in the overwhelming majority are our partners. They perfectly understand that we come up with all the tools and support mechanisms not in order to account for it, but for people to live better in their regions.
The Far East is big, Russia is big, and there is a lot of work. We now have government support for the construction of more than 200 enterprises, on the other hand, it is not built in every settlement. And the construction is still only in the first stages. But we see the reaction of people, they understand that there are more and more changes every year. A turning point has already come this year, the outflow of population from the region has practically stopped, which means that we are on the right track.
- The volume of declared investments in the region has exceeded already a trillion rubles. The President signed a new law on tax benefits. How much investment will he be able to attract?
- Unfortunately, the volume of declared investments means that the investor promised to build the plant, having invested so much in 2016, in 2017 - so much more. The plant will be built, for example, five years. And if you sum up all these investments, you get a trillion. If today we had already attracted a trillion, we would have felt it. We will attract this trillion precisely and accurately feel it, but it will take several years.
Large systems - and the Far East, naturally, is a large system - have a significant reserve of inertia. And when I was entrusted with the responsibility for the development of the Far East, I thought a lot about how long it would take to overcome this inertia. There were different ideas about the timing of this process, but I could have taken the liberty of saying that the locomotive had gone.
- You are instructed to create a working group for the development of Komsomolsk-on-Amur. It is already known who will enter it and what will it primarily do?
- Komsomolsk-on-Amur is an interesting city where people know how to build good planes. On the other hand, it is a city that has remained aloof from the processes of development of social infrastructure, housing and communal services. Therefore, the president decided that the city economy should be pulled up to the level of production and technology that exists in the city. This program involves federal executive authorities, the total investment exceeds 62 billion rubles. Our task is to make a schedule: what, when and where will be built. And then we will go according to this schedule. The event has come - they have to build a school, present it. Not built - we write a report to the chairman of the government, let's punish the deputy minister. A couple of times punished, kicked out of work. A new, energetic, intelligent one came and drove on.
- Recently you have returned from Asia. Is local business interested in the Far East?
- Interest in the APR countries to work in the Far East is growing, and quickly. Such meetings that I had in Japan, I have never had during my work. The Japanese demonstrated, in my opinion, a completely new level of interest in cooperation with Russia. I am sure that in many ways this was the result of a meeting between Prime Minister Abe and Russian President Vladimir Putin.
- What are the most important directions of investment cooperation between Russia and China?
- It seems to me that there are no most important directions and no most unimportant ones. We are sometimes told, especially when we start moving, we are introducing some kind of mechanism: “What did you think up there? Do you really think that due to this you will develop the Far East?” We say: "No, only due to this we will not develop. We will develop at the expense of the whole variety of tools, and this is one of them." So it is here.
Food production, logistics, industry - a lot of directions, which now can play a role. And very many details. For example, without changing customs regimes, transport corridors do not work, they simply are not needed. Because the distance will be less, and the terms - more due to the procedures. Therefore, all this road - and the free port, and the Far Eastern hectare, and the program for the development of the Kuril Islands, and Komsomolsk-on-Amur, and in many other areas - consists of details that must be addressed every day. Strictly speaking, such a mechanism of development management is needed. We created it within the framework of the Ministry for the Development of the Far East and all related institutions. Now we have to teach him how to work until the end, then we will definitely win.
- Do you think the Eastern Economic Forum is becoming a good tradition?
- We held the Eastern Forum only once. But, apparently, all the same it was also a decision taken at the right time in the right place, because it was already an absolutely expected event. And now, when we invited investors to the Eastern Forum, there were no questions what is it? What's in the program? People said: "To Vladivostok? In the autumn? Of course, we are going to." We are confident that we will have interesting and competitive content. That we will give people information that will help them manage the business, it is better to interact with us. We necessarily want to receive feedback, because we have ideas, but not all of us do it unmistakably, for sure there is something that can be done better.