This text is translated into Russian by google automatic human level neural machine.
EastRussia is not responsible for any mistakes in the translated text. Sorry for the inconvinience.
Please refer to the text in Russian as a source.
Golden prospects of Kolyma
General Director of the Pavlik Gold Ore Company on the development of the industry in the Magadan Region
In 1941, the geologist Dmitry Aseev discovered several gold-bearing streams in Kolyma and named them the names of his children - Natalka and Pavlik. A year later, another geologist Yevgeny Mashko discovered ore gold deposits, which received the same names and became the largest in the Magadan region. Already in modern Russia, this name was given to a gold mining company. Now it is one of the largest in the region. General Director of Pavlik Gold Mining Company JSC Sergey Terentyev in an interview with EastRussia spoke about the development of the industry in the Magadan Region and the prospects for the enterprise.
- Sergey Yuryevich, your company took part in the fifth Eastern Economic Forum. Tell us, what agreements have you entered into, what projects have received support at the WEF?
- An important session was held at the WEF with the participation of the governor of the Magadan region, it presented attractive investment conditions for the region, projects that are implemented in the territory of the Magadan region, including Pavlik. It is currently one of the largest in the Magadan region, a new one, built from scratch. We also signed a large agreement at the WEF with the governor of the region, the Ministry for the Development of the Russian Far East, RusHydro and Gazprombank on plans to build a second stage, which will allow us to process tons of ore per year at 10 and produce at least 12 tons of gold. This will allow the company to enter the top five largest gold mining enterprises in the country and create additional jobs. About two thousand people will work at the field. Today we have 1 200 people, 40% of whom are residents of Magadan and the Magadan Region. The amount of investments that will go to the second phase of the project will amount to 300 million dollars - substantially for the Magadan region.
- Have you looked at the forum for foreign investors or partners for your company?
- We are constantly negotiating with various partners - there are Russian counterparties and foreign ones. For example, for the construction of the second stage, mills are needed, they will be supplied by one of the world's largest manufacturers - Metso. The forum held a meeting with the largest carrier in the Far East and in Russia - the company FESCO. It was about transportation related to the construction of the second stage. Will have to transport a lot of materials and equipment. In general, there were many Russian meetings at the WEF: we help develop the Far East and the Russian economy, so we support local companies so that the money remains in the country.
- What are the prospects for the company in the field of gold mining in Kolyma open in the near future?
- Literally until recently, it was believed that there was not so much gold in the Pavlik deposit - the ores are carbonaceous, rather complex, and it is almost impossible to mine gold. However, our specialists developed a unique gold mining scheme for Russia and the whole world, additional exploration was also carried out, and on 1 on January 2019, the gold reserves at the deposit amounted to 173 tons, which is quite a lot. Plus today we process five million tons of ore, produce about seven tons of gold.
The first gold was received in August 2015 of the year. Thanks to this, the company entered the top ten largest gold mining enterprises in the country. A small miracle happened - we began to mine gold in a place where, as was believed, it is not, or is, but it is almost impossible to mine. We do not intend to stop on this - our geologists say they see additional reserves of gold. Of course, a lot of work remains to be done, but we hope that within a few years the reserves will increase at least twice, and we will build the third and fourth stages of the mining and processing enterprise.
- Magadan region notes an increase in gold production in the region. What prospects do you think the region already has in 2020?
- If we take our sequence, then in the 2015 year we mined a ton of gold, in a year we got about four tons, in the 2017-m - 6,5 tons, this year we plan to mine at least seven tons. When we launch the second phase of the project, production will increase to 12 tons, and in the future we plan to see 15-20 tons. As for the Magadan region, this year our neighbors, the Natalka GOK, reached the industrial level of production. 10 tons of ore are processed there - the growth is quite large. Magadan Oblast takes the second place in gold production in all of Russia, indicators are growing. There are also loose deposits, therefore, I think that in 2020 the region’s goal - 50 tons of gold per year will be achieved.