Notice: curl_setopt(): CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST no longer accepts the value 1, value 2 will be used instead in /home/admin/web/eastrussia.ru/public_html/gtranslate/gtranslate.php on line 101
Compensation to Sakhalin for part of the tax on the LNG project offered in the amount of 16,9 billion rubles. - EastRussia | Far East

Irkutsk
Ulan-Ude

Blagoveshchensk
Chita
Yakutsk

Birobidzhan
Vladivostok
Khabarovsk

Magadan
Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk

Anadyr
Petropavlovsk-
Kamchatsky
Moscow

This text is translated into Russian by google automatic human level neural machine.
EastRussia is not responsible for any mistakes in the translated text. Sorry for the inconvinience.
Please refer to the text in Russian as a source.

Compensation for Sakhalin for a part of the tax on the LNG project was proposed in the amount of 16,9 billion rubles.

In the draft budget of the Russian Federation for 2018-2020 years in the second reading the State Duma of the Russian Federation introduced an amendment providing for the allocation of the Sakhalin region in 2018 to 16,9 billion rubles. The funds are being offered as compensation for the losses of the region from the redistribution of the mineral extraction tax revenues approved last week when the production sharing agreement for the Sakhalin-2 project was implemented.

According to the law adopted by the State Duma of the Russian Federation on Wednesday, the federal budget will now receive 75%, the remaining 25% will go to the budget of the Sakhalin Region. Previously it was the opposite. Receipts from the shelf projects allowed Sakhalin to remain the only region in the Far Eastern Federal District with a surplus budget.

Last year, following the results of 2015, Sakhalin received a profit tax from offshore projects ("Sakhalin-1" and "Sakhalin-2") at 73,1 billion rubles, which accounted for almost half of the region's total revenue. According to the results of 2016 year of receipt, taking into account the fall in prices for hydrocarbons, about 36 billion rubles are expected. As a result of this year, Sakhalin can only receive about 12 billion rubles, while about 36 billion rubles. will go to the federal budget.

Sakhalin-2 is the only LNG plant in Russia. The operator of the project is Sakhalin Energy Investment Company Ltd., in which 50% and one share is held by Gazprom, 27,5% minus one share - from Shell, Mitsui belongs to 12,5%, Mitsubishi - 10%.